Giving up before I start

Posted , 5 users are following.

Im age 46 had not period for 8 month suffering sev Mood swings ,hot sweats weight gain and deppression doc put me Tibolone 2.5 taken for 12 days not doing anything still sweating constant etc. Phoned doc whos never got back etc feel a bit alone wandering if there is something natrual that I could be taking that would deal with sweats and other symptoms and maybe wouldint put weight on if thats poss.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Wizard, I know it's difficult and you want instant relief but I think you should keep taking the tibolone and give it a chance

If your symptoms are severe it may take a few months to fully work

My sisters been on tibolone for years and she swears by it, I was on it for a couple of months last year but gyno changed me to estradot 25 patch and also utrogestan 100 1xdaily, think I'm progesterone intolerant so my GP told me just to come off it last week

I've felt terrible anxiety, depression neck even worse now if that's possible ( suffer from chronic stiff neck and dizziness)

Anyway, GP has given me a prescription today for tibolone which I will start tomorrow, I feel there's less side effects with this, can't remember exactly how I felt on it but defo not as bad as I do now

It's your call but it's trial and error one thing dosn't suit everyone, I hope you get some relief soon I can totally emphathise with you

All the best x

• Posted

Hi wizard,

Top name by the way.

If you are going to get side effects they are likely to show up within two weeks but the good stuff can take up to three months to kick in with HRT, so I would say give it a bit longer before you give up and hopefully things will improve.

• Posted

One of my acquaintances said her doctor put her on Progesterone for hormone replacement therapy. She said don't take any synthetic or generic HRT meds because the cam lead to cancer. She said she's sleeping better now. I have a doctor appointment in April, and I will ask her about Progesterone. You take a small pill daily, like a birth control pill. Certain foods I eat give me instant hot flashes. I cut back on caffeine, and that seems to have helped. Cut back on your sodium/salt intake to reduce water retention. I tried drinking Sleepytime tea at bedtime to help me slow down. It helped a little. Today I am buying some Centrum Silver multivitamins or something that is for menopause. Hopefully you and I will get some relief from these symptoms. I wish you well.
  • Posted

Thank you everyone not feeling so much alone now having everyones help here sure does help. Will keep on the medication and see how it goes thanks again everyone 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.