Gnawing shoulders ache

Posted , 11 users are following.

I know painful shoulders have been mentioned before and i have had the stiff shoulders but this gnawing ache from my shoulders suddenly came on, it feels muscular but almost felt like it was going right through me. I have put on some heat cream, it seems to come in waves. I did do quite abit of physical work yesterday so i dont know if that made it worse but it really is an intense aching, gnawing pain can anyone relate to this? Not just stiffness x

1 like, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes i have had this for weeks now it comes and goes but your right about the gnawing pain its horrible i use my heating pad it helps.
  • Posted

I addressed this with doctors and they just don't know what to do. I have a knot on the one shoulder and it hurts. It all started when menopause started
    • Posted

Could it be fibromaylgia Lennie?? common in menopause caused by fatigue so the muscles go tired and weak, so when you exert muscles become painful, same with tendons and joints.
    • Posted

Hi lennie............ yes im sure it is fibromaylgia, its common during menopause, and is caused by the fatigue, when you think of it, if our bodies are tired, then so must our muscles and tendons, so it makes sense doesnt it, all down my inner arms are sore to touch this week, and my wrists, and elbow joints hurt, upper shoulders neck the lot, i know thats because ive been doing bits in the garden wedding with a hoe bending etc, so i know im fatigued and so are my  muscles and tendons, but, it will die down lennie, as soon as the fatigue goes with rest, and we come out of our flare it will go, its not the same as having the condition fibromaylgia which, can get worse, and become permanent, ours shouldnt..........famous last words, but all you have to do lennie is rest, if its bothering your joints, you can get those arm bands, or, wrist and hand bands to help with tendon pain, there about £5 in uk on amazon, or, $7 in US but rest will do it, and ibuprofen if it gets that bad..........take care lennie, nice to hear from you!
  • Posted

I can relate! My right shoulder hurts so bad especially when taking off shirts. The pain is starting to go to my left shoulder too. I also have pain going into my right elbo and both thumbs. This is very frustrating because I'm having a hard time finding a Dr. that will help and I'm a hairdresser. I need my arms and hands to work. I have found some enzymes that help and I need ibuprofin everyday to function. I know this has to be hormone related. It just came on out of the blue, no injuries.
    • Posted

Yes, mine did, in fact I have an injury on the right side and could understand if it was that side playing up. It does a little and it's the same pain but the left uninjured side hurts a lot more.
    • Posted

Yes it must be hormone related, also i definitely overdid it the day before this what i describe as deep gnawing muscle ache, thankfully havent had it for a few days now!
    • Posted

Hi Curly Girl I have that elbow pain right now with some serious shoulder pain it's not easy to deal with at all. Very uncomfortable feeling.
    • Posted

It wakes me at night my thumb goes numb and throbbing at night thank god the shoulder has been ok for a few days now knock on wood
    • Posted

My shoulder kept me awake 2 nights so painful and worse when you are so tired.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.