Go back on medication?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I came off Fluoxetine in Nov last year & haven't been on any medication since. I've been very up & down but feel I have been doing well but I'm starting to realise that I'm not ok & it's not normal for me to be feeling how I do on a day to day basis. 

The thought of going back on medication feels like a HUGE step back & not sure if I should keep struggling on & see if I can manage without it.

I just want to feel normal 

2 likes, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Yasmine .. totally know how you feel, I so hate taking my meds but if I don't I'll fall in a heap .. what I would give to just feel normal again too!  We can always hope smile

I don't think it's a step back .. our lives go in ups and downs and maybe you thought you were better than you actually were... Maybe a good chat with your dr might be a good idea as he'd have a good idea what's best with your history.

Wishing you the best... Tracey

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Tracey

Thank you so much for your reply.

You're right I think that's exactly what I need to do, as much as I'd rather not have to rely on meds I think it's the best option for now whilst I'm feeling so low.

Take care x

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Yasmine .. definately agree with you, as much as we hate our meds anything is better than being so depressed/anxious .. I think it's better to have things under control than left alone with the risk that you may get worse.

Thinking of you... Tracey x

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

i was on meds for 2 years then started doing the weights,i felt great so i reduced my tablets and came off them,6 months later i got depressed again but worse than the first time,im back on meds again but higher dose that last time and im on tablets 4 during the day,wish i never came off them now,just starting to feel normal ish again after a long 2 months,if you think u need meds then you probly do,stay strong and keep fighting the fight
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yeah I agree it's always so much harder going back on them when you've been off for a while but the sooner the better I guess.

Glad you're starting to feel better.

Thank you so much

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Yasmine

It is up to you and your GP. If you feel a return to medication will make you feel more positive, do that.

Talk to your GP it is He who will write a script and discuss your needs, that is what life is about. If you feel mediation will make you more positive in outlook medication becomes a no brainer, we would take it I feel

BOB

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yeah I agree. I'm gonna make an appointment next week I'm sure he will advise I go back on & as much as I dislike the thought it's for the best.

Thank you for taking the time to reply, much appreciated.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up