going back to Citalopram after taking Mirtazapine.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I need some assistance please.

I have been taking Mirtazapine for 7 days, and only just noticed something isn't right.

I had vivid dreams, and increase in appetite I can handle that.

Now I am starting to feel odd sensations, in my skin, they call this parathesia.

Chills and the occassional rapid heart rate.

I am going to see my doctor about this on monday but.

Can I switch back to Citalopram, if I skip the Mirtazapine tonight, or should I just go cold turkey till Monday.

I am anxious not to take any more Mirtazapine, but I am anxious that if I don't take anything I am going to be in a worse situation come Monday.

My doctor switched from Citalopram to Mirtazapine because of my increase in anxiety.

to be honest I thought Mirtazapine was a wonder drug, and now I am not so sure.

Please help if you can.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

H

i im on Mirtz,they will give you crazy dreams but after after a year i can mostly controll and enjoy mine.

• Posted

but I have put on about 4 stone in weight and my issues are still there,so do the tablets work? after a while i wish my dreams could become reallity,but i still wake up to the same but just wish i was back in and living the dreams.
  • Posted

thank you Ian, I have decided to stick with them until monday and then see my doctor and see what he suggests, I love the dreams as crazy as they are, but I can live without this parathesia, see what the doctor says on monday, of course my foolish anxiety kicked in and said I had Serotonin Syndrome, love/hate my little Miss anxious chatter box in my head.

• Posted

I have always been told, when switching antidepressants, to leave a week in between, before starting new ones.

My weight piled on with Cit and dreams horrendous. Off them but still have the dreams . Early days.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.