Going back to work

Posted , 9 users are following.

Going back to work today after a very long time off due to severe depression and anxiety. Not my choice but have no option as cannot cope financially any longer and drowning in a sea of debt. Don't feel well enough to be coping with work but just maybe it might do me good as sitting at home worrying about debt is not helping me recover and working may give me something to focas on rather than just thinking about how bad I feel so just have to bite the bullet and get on with it even though I'm full of fear right now

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hey michael

I wish you all the best. Keep strong.

How long have you been off from work for

• Posted

It must be really hard, how long have you been off? I am working through as my situation is both home and work. But like you feel that I'm not coping at work. Just do your best, talk to your boss, and do what you can. One thing at a time. What hours are you doing? I have 1/2 day off per week. Let me know how you get on. 
  • Posted

All the best Michael....Hoping it doesn't turn out as tough as you imagine it will be.It's very tough too,to have big financial worries.We're all rooting for you x x
  • Posted

hi micheal sorry to hear how you dont feel ready to go back to work! i was in the same situation i was more or less told if i didnt start back when. i did due to new owners i might lose my job i was back a short while and i was back on the sick for another 3 months! my occupational therapist admit i may have went back to work to early ! i wish you all the best and hope all goes well david !
  • Posted

Hi going to work might keep your mind occupied I go to work but I am only part time and some days I hate going in if I am feeling very low it wasn't my choice at going to work but got signed off sickness benifits so I had to I have good days and bad days xx hope you feel ok xx
  • Posted

Good look be strong and certainly positive, fear of the unknown is far worse than the actual reality of it. Keep thinking of that pay slip with the £ sign on it. 

What hours are you doing and what type of work. Try taking regular breaks even if it is only for a couple of minutes to keep your head clear.

we are all routing for you here, let us know how you go on. Xxx

• Posted

Hi Michael, please have a talk with your boss and explain your situation fully.. I am sure that they WILL support you in every way possible....

Take it slowly, one day at a time, talk the the citizens advice bureaux and also DEBT relief. They will do all they can ( they are very helpful ) to help you become debt free, please try not to worry too much, face every day or even every hour as a new one, I wish you loads of luck, big, big hugs to you..Deirdre x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.