Going back to work after six weeks of the surgery, what do you think?

Posted , 8 users are following.

I won't to go back to work, I've been out seven months, both hips were done, now six week after I'm ready, I go see my orthopedic doctor's NP! I going to ask for papers to go back to work! what do you guys think? I'm on the right path! also no more disability insurance! no money for bills or prescriptions!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Not won't, I met want

• Posted

Hi,

I think it depends on how you are and how you feel.

Also on the work you are doing.

kind regards

Petra

• Posted

hi i had both hips done 9th july and was back to work after 7 weeks the first few weeks i did half days it wasnt always practical so did some full days i was tired though

my first sick note was only for 6 weeks so had to sort when i had my follow up

dont rush anything

good luck

• Posted

It is early, but it is possible to do it. Just take great care not to overdo the work.

It's when I hear stories like yours that I am so glad I live in the UK. Our health service may cost a lot in taxes, but it is free, and there when we need it.

Best of luck.

• Posted

Hi I wanted to ask you what type of work you do is it physical do you have to do alot of bending down or kneeling or squatting to lift things and how did your doctor do your hip the front or through the back and did your doctor tell you not to go pass 90 degrees with your hips when bending or lifting your legs because you can possibly dislocate your hips not a fun experience.

• Posted

i went back two days ago, at six weeks postop. The only downside is fitting in my exercises now as i am tired when i get home. i see it as rehab though in itself getting back to normal. its nice to feel useful and see people. get your steps up to what is needed for a work day and good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.