Going back to your optian more frequently

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had an eye test about 6 months go that revealed a small prescription in one eye. I feel the eye has got worse though. Do people go back to their opticians more oftern then the stated check up every 2 years. Guess I need another eye test to re-asses the eye. I dont want to be seen as a hassle or fussy.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Your eyes are very important and changes should not be ignored.
    • Posted

Are opticians used to people going back to them more frequenly than scheduled would like my right eye looking at again?  Don't want to be an hassle am obvioulsy a paying customer though.

• Posted

Eyes are a major concern to people and they get many going back. Paying customers are always extremely welcome.Nothing to stop you from going to any optician rather than the previous one.
  • Posted

Go with your gut instinct Mark, If you feel you need further testing Id see an Ophtamologist , opticians are basic and really only assess scripts for glasses etc....As Derek says, eyes are so important....Keep in touch and lets know how you go, best of luck...
    • Posted

I don't know where you are. In the UK an optician can refer you directly to an Ophtamologist or via your GP. 

• Posted

Thanks its just I feel my vision has slipped in one eye. Though its only 6 months since had them tested

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.