going bk to work

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi i have been on citrolpram for 4 months,and av been of work,i am good  till i think about going bk to work then i start feeling stressed again, i work in a care home.seeing all the porley people makes me fill sad again.should i go bk.

deex

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I've only been on the medication for a month and it's been a real help but like you I couldn't face going back to work - my husband really helped me and slowly got me out of the house and he took me to his work place - he's a decorator - I absolutely dreaded the beginning of the day and really didn't want to go but after about an hour I had a sense of achievement and actually enjoyed myself and couldn't wait to go back the next day. I realise you work in a care home so it's different but is there someone you can talk to there and explain your situation and say how you feel. If it doesn't give you a sense of achievement after a few days then maybe you should look for something else but give it a go and see. It seems a distant memory with me of just sitting round the house just staring.

Hope that helps and good luck x

• Posted

Dear Dee,

If you feel like that then, the answer is NO! You shouldn't go back there. You have to listen to your body and mind, you have to take Cita and go with it and trust me it ain't no quick fix. Otherwise you will only find your self worse and back here before you know it. Too many people think pop a few pills and get back in there - that is plain crazy!

I came here due to work related stress end of last Nov started on Cita first week in Dec under the guidance of a great gp, my Dr. She knows all there is to know about "sticking plasters for the brain" and nearly a year on, I am getting better. Mind you after me mental strength crashed my body followed suit and lets just say I have had a few medical problems, which (touch wood) are now sorted.

The important steps I took in my own part in my own recovery (this I decided to focus on at an early stage and it helped) was a lifestyle change and finally removed myself from that (and those) which was making me ill - work! My Fiancee and I are having to tighten the old belts, but we manage, very happily!

The way the world is going treating humans as a "resource" is not natural and totally wrong! It is outdated and it needs changing, but the only way to do this is by understanding what is wrong, understanding peoples problems and moving forward. The system needs renewing and not going back (as we are being dragged by an outdated government.

So, do not go back!

I think you knew this as you kinda answerred your own question and just need reassurance! There, you are on the right track already to get better!

Keep posting, keep reading and instead of feeling you should do somethiing because that is what is expected, then stick two fingers up to it all and slide back under the duvet and relax (the best you can). When you feel you are ready to get up, then get up just take yer time!

Best wishes,

David

• Posted

hi david a big thank you ,thats made me feel better about my self,i dont want to seem like am lazey,but av got my mum and dad to look after as well my mums just fell and broke her arm,so alot of my time is  looking after them both,i have been great .but this week feels like am sliding down again,and i think its just because am thinking about going bk to work,and i dont want to yet,av been on sick 4 months,dont know how long i can stay on sick,big thank you agin,glade your feeling better,

deex

• Posted

Good Morning Denise,

Girl, you have enough on your plate right now, without worrying about work or even thinking about going back. What Richard is saying is a good idea and worth bearing in mind if you are well enough to return, but not at the moment.

None of us are lazy, we are ill, it is as easy and simple as that (mind you, to be honest, I was feeling like that and down the other day, but my Ann just reminded me what I have done over the years and that I am not a lazy person. Now is the time to get better and the only way to do this is to ignore the pressures that are unnecaessary and no good to anyone. Especially for all of us trying to recover and (like an old gramaphone with the needle stuck, repeatingly, I shall say) it takes as long as it takes!

I looked after my Dad for 16 years after my Mum passed, before he did. We managed to see the millenuim in together. I know it isn't easy having roles reversed whereby the child becomes the parent as such! Do you have any support from anyone with the care you provide, someone, or group, just to help with the pressure?

You may not want to or feel you have the energy or even can manage anything when you are feeling YUK! But I found concentrating on "some thing" (when I could) helped me - I don't remember half of what I did do to be honest, but looking back it did help!

It is Sunday, a day of rest, make it so!

Regards,

David

• Posted

Hi l know it can be lonely in work, especially in a Nursing home why not start by doing 2 half days a week and see he u feel , bcz being at home can be lonely as well, tell your manager am sure they will give u the chance to start slowly, cheers dear.
  • Posted

Hi, This is a tough one cause 'we gotta pay the rent dont we' yet our health must be worth far more than our financial situation. I kinda had similar thoughts going back to work however I found that if I was working I removed myself from over thinking a nasty trait of anxiety disorder however anything to distract is great maybe a new work direction is something to ponder? Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.