Going Cold Turkey

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all

Due to some serious financial difficulties I am having to go cold turkey with the tab's for a while until i can afford my perscription. I am feeling a little nervous about this, cuz even if I have been a little naughty over the 6 months I felt I had a safety net. I am hoping I have the will power (never been my strong point) to stay on the straight and narrow for the next 2 weeks or so. I have lost 1st 8lb so far and I don't want to put any on. :?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

mind over matter, tell yourself you've had your tablet and eat accordingly - don't know if it'll work but worth a try and costs nothing smile
  • Posted

Good luck to you cluck
  • Posted

Hi Cluck, I am sure you will be fine. Like Sparkles says, mind over matter. Keep in mind all the good work you've done. As some point we all have to come off the tablets and you are just a little earlier than most. I would also suggest you still go to the docs to weigh, that wont cost anything but something to keep you focused. Just wondering, is the only precription you have or do you have a few? I pay monthly for an annual prescription. It's £10 a month and it has saved me loads.
  • Posted

Thank you for the support, it is the only one I have, thankfully I don't have anymore health problems aprt from feeling a little low at the moment.
  • Posted

Stay focused Cluck as you know what you want- Like somebody said make an appointment so you still have to go for a weigh in it will help you keep on track - remember how hard you've worked to get this far :wink:
  • Posted

as someone else has said just eat as if you are on the tablets.

I don't take my tablets regularly now as got down to the target weight the nurse set so don't think they will give me any more.

I have kept a few for when I get back off my holiday, just for a kick start. But being off them I still find that I get stomach ache, bad wind (a major side effect I got) and looser stools if I do eat to much fat so think my body rejects anything that is to high in fat and I personally don't want it going back to accepting it.

Keep up with green tea if you was taking it, smaller portion sizes, low fat treats and hydrating your body with water and try and exercise, I just walk as much as possible as really hate regulated exercise.

You've done all the hard work, set down a good foundation now you just need to carry it on. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.