Going cold turkey after 9 days

Posted , 7 users are following.

ive been taking 10mg Citalopram for 9 days ans i simply cant hack these side effects. i feel thousands worse than i did. i left my last job due to anxiety, so im out of work and cant even look for work! its effecting my life!! i dont think its worth it!

i suffer with social/general anxiety mainly and i think these are too strong for me.

will i have bad withdrawel if i stop now after 9 days....

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I cant say I know exactly your'e feeling but my side effects made me think about suicide they we so bad. One of my "mantra's" that kept me going was to tell myself that I didn't want my suffering to be for nothing so I kept on with the drug. There WAS the fear of the effects of stopping would have on me. That was also on 10mg. I stuck it out and feel so much better I can say I'm happy with my life. I also managed to increase the dose to 20mg. I would hope you do manage to stick it out vf but I can sympathise if you do stop.

• Posted

Hi vf1985,

It seems to me that you have been started on too high a dose. The lowest dose I know in the UK is 10mg but my GP started me on 10mg every other day for a month and then increased it to 10mg per day.

Why not go back to your doctor and suggest something like that?

Citalopram will eventually work and it's worth persevering.

I hope it goes well.

Regards.

• Posted

I sure did. Was fine for coiple days after stopping, but soon after I had horrible withdrawals. I reindtated meds and have been fine since. These meds are no overnight miracle and take weeks and months to feel better. I am fine now and still have the odd blip, but tell myself it will pass and it does. I am going to recover and eventually taper off completely.

• Posted

Hi Vf, the withdrawal symptoms that you will get can sometimes be worse than the side effects that you get whilst the ssri is working inside your body.

• Posted

hey !!!

please please dont stop ! your probably like no way but please believe me when i say that i was where you are just now but worse ! so so much worse ! i know u wont believe me but i was and i am seven weeks in and it gets better slightly bit by bit ! i am still getting better but i do agree these meds make u feel disgusting terrible stay with us

• Posted

thanks all x

im going to do one more week without propanalol. suffering with a really painful neck. this is new!!! 😦

• Posted

im feeling a bit better after 12 days. i can finally sleep. just worried about my heart now! 😦

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.