Going in tomorrow- eeeekkk

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all.

Going in tomz am for booked TAH.

Very nervous but more worried about them cancelling it due to bed situation....has this happened to anyone? I'm going to East Surrey Hospital...anyone else going in tomz??!!

Also how should I expect to feel straight after op??

Thanks guys

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hope it goes ahead and all will be well. Good time of year for the recovery period, hopefully you can relax in the sunshine!
  • Posted

Good luck Sammy! Hope it will go ahead and you will recover quickly. 
  • Posted

Hi Sammy!

Good luck! Can't give you any advice as I am waiting for my operation - and I worry mine will be cancelled too! I am supposed to be going in a week on Friday - and I still haven't had my paperwork yet - doesn't instill much confidence in me! I hope all goes to plan for you!

• Posted

Hope all goes well for you.

I'm due to go in a week on Friday too.

Hope you will be feeling much better soon!

• Posted

Hi Rebecca, wrote my reply a few days ago - so mine is Friday 21st  (this Friday) - and being how it is I am doing all kinds before I can't! I must admit I have been as clumsy as hell lately - so far I have burnt my thumb, stubbed my little toe so hard it's bruised and scuffled my knuckles whilst removing some old bathroom floor tiles!!! Hope all goes well for you too. Are you having an abdominal cut? I am so will be in a few days.

• Posted

Hi Glennie,

Thank you for your reply.

I know exactly what you mean about doing things while you still can. It's a good way to keep busy too!

Mine is an abdominal cut so they have said a few days in hospital for me too.

Hope all goes well with you and look after yourself.

Be great to hear how you get on.

Take care!

Rebecca

• Posted

Hi ladies

Thank you all for your good wishes

Recovery is tough but all I can say is totally listen to your body

When u feel like sitting sleeping resting just go

DO NOT fight it

Get the visitors in and straight out and drink water like it's going out of fashion!!!!

• Posted

Hi Sammy,

Good to know you are through your operation. I had an operation just 2 years ago - so I know how wiped out you can get - though the last one was classed as 'minor' I still couldn't lift anything for 8 weeks!!! I'm kind of dreading Friday - but also deperate to get fixed. Were you in hospital for long? Did you get decent pain relief post-op?

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

• Posted

Hiya

I was in for 3 days

Got all pain relief I wanted

That wasn't my problem-the gassy tummy pains were unreal but today all gone 5 days on

Now I can only eat very little and often-great for my much needed weight loss!!!!

• Posted

Hiya!

Glad to hear your operation went well.

Did the hospital get you up and walking around the day after?

I hope your recovery goes really well.

So nice to have this forum to share our stories.

Take care!

Rebecca

• Posted

Hi Rebecca

I had my op on Tuesday at 3pm

In recovery at 5.45 then stayed in recovery till 11am next day as no beds on ward!! Then the following day-Thursday they had my catheter & drip out and got me up! That was fun!!! Very slow but ok

The only problem I had was extreme trapped wind and not being able to open bowels

I knew the problem so requested an enema which they gave and I went! But it's been a struggle every day

However today is normal but I've been taking Movicol which has been great

All I say is listen to your body-walk slowly and straight then go back to bed as SOON as you need

All the very best

X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.