Going on almost 2 years and NEED HELP!

Posted , 4 users are following.

41 YO male. 19 months ago after upper abdominal pain and disscomfort visit with my doctor I was put on Lucinipril for HBP. 3 weeks later blood pressure was dipping to 95/60 and was pulled off. Syptoms began to progress to hot face and slight nausea. Slight loss of appetite. By the 6 month mark I had numerous blood tests for everything all the way up to STD's including lower abdominal CT scan for adrenal gland issues and 24 hr urine tests, all negative. I even went to mental health to ensure I wasn't having anxiety issues. Over the last year my syptoms have continued to worsen. I usually have spells in the morning with sometimes slightly low body temp and sweating which last for about 30 mins. After eating lunch I usually feel pretty warm and flushed. EVRY evening my syptoms get pretty severe and start with a growling stomach followed by an increase in skin temp around the back of the head and neck. Blood pressure usually goes up during this. I have been to mens health and was put on tetosterone therepy and all my levels are now fine with no results(if anything worse). My syptoms recently have really been tied to my eyes because when I start getting hot in the evenings my eyes seem real dry and hurt actually. I have a bad taste in my mouth also. I seem to have no energy at all, especially when Im having syptoms. I've been taking 10/325 percocet for almost 5 years for chronic pain after 2 lumbar fusions. My dossage is actually slightly lower after my last surgery 2 years ago and its around 30mg/day. I recently went to t new Dr at the VA he immediately jumped on the Percocet and said it was causing it all. The problem is that he wants me to withdraw from all pain med(which I know would be almost impossible) and I think that was just the easy answer for him. I have requested an allergy test and also to go to a specialty clinic(like Mayo) but he wants the easy choice for him. My concern is that if my syptoms continue like this I feel like Im not gonna be here in a year because they're gonna find a tumor or something on a thyroid and give me the "Man I wish we had caught it sooner" deal. I've never been sick before and I need help please. If anyone knows of any type dissorder like this caused by this level of opiods I would quit tomorrow and figure out something different. I just need a way forward. Thanks. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi gunnut75

You could be having symptoms of B12 deficiency....B12 deficiency can cause the symptoms you mention especially very low energy..gastro problems....and bp problems. This is a blood test you have to request it is not done in a full blood count......best wishes....

• Posted

I have a friend that has a condition that sounds very similar to the problems you're having. It's called Nutcracker Syndrome (Left Renal Vein Compression). It can cause upper abdominal pain, severe fatigue, low blood pressure, hot/cold flashes and 100 other problems that most doctors are unaware of. She also has another condition that occurs at the Nutcracker Syndrome called SMA Syndrome (Superior Mesenteric Artery Compression) which could also cause some of your problems as well. These conditions are rarely diagnosed because few doctors are even aware that they exist, let alone know what problems they can cause. But a good doctor to go see might be a Vascular Surgeon. Hope this might help!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.