Going through a rough patch. HELP!

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been going through a rough patch worrying about a health issue. This has led me to become anxious and depressed. My GP increased my Cipramil to 30mg from 20mg last Monday and I am due to go up to 40mg the week after next. However I feel that the increase in dosage is having no affect whatsoever. Is this normal or does it take a few weeks? In the past when my Cipramil was increased I got better quite quickly. Mornings are my worst times because when I wake up my stomach is growling and tense which is making me anxious and depressed.

Any advice would be of help?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

hi Nial it always takes longer 2nd time around it took me about 10 weeks before i could even do anything x

Report Reply
  • Posted

Hi Niall

We've spoken before. Citalopram doesn't work overnight, it can take several weeks or months even to level out. You are going to get side effects with every dose increase unfortunately. It can increase anxiety also for a while whilst your increasing your dose. I get stomach rumbling on citalopram and I've read that others do too so don't let that worry you It's normal. Try eating small amounts of food regularly and drink plenty of water. I find apple cider vinegar good. I come on here a lot for reassurance and I read back some of the old posts especially from Katecogs, she covers just about everything. Once your underlying health issue is sorted hopefully your anxiety will abate. Best wishes😊

Report Reply
  • Posted

im getting that too but im on 20mg.

Report Reply
    • Posted

I have had it since the new year. My dose was increased to 30mg last Monday and I still feel awful at times. I seem to have a lot of gas in my digestive system. Seeing my GP again tomorrow.

Report Reply
    • Posted

Hi Niall, also on for 3rd time and trust me, it's a very different experience. I increased from 2.5 to 10 mg between June and August last December.I kept increasing because I thought 5mg and then 7.5 mg weren't working. I should probably have given them much longer to take effect.

It has taken me 6 months to somewhat stabilise and still occasionally having blips eg this week my sleep is randomly all over the place. (Still feel OK though.)

What I've learned is that it really doesn't matter how your nervous system responded to the drug before. It will most likely respond differently each time you take it. Generally, it takes a bit longer to settle.

Have also had really nasty headaches this time and a sore neck, which didn't happen before.

Anyway, be careful about making big jumps quickly, as that can also cause disruption. Wondering why your gp wants to in rease you to 40mg so quickly. If you've only been on 30 for a couple of weeks. Wondering if it might be better for you to stay at 30 for a while longer?

Report Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up