Going to the Emergency Room..

Posted , 3 users are following.

ive felt so off for two months now and my doctor is no help. Today i feel weak and scared. My heart hasnt stopped racing since Monday and I can't take it anymore. I know it's probably dumb to go to the ER but i feel its more than panic now...idk. Just wish me luck I guess maybe they can at least calm my heart down.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Chelsea. Anxiety / Panic can be overwhelming. I know.....been there. I have recently been put on Propranolol 10mg twice daily. It has really helped with my anxiety as it slows the heart rate down and takes away many of the anxiety / panic symptoms. Might be worth asking your doctor about. Best of luck!

• Posted

If going to the ER will make you feel better, then do it. But when you go be prepared that they will prob say all it is is anxiety/panic attack.

Once they say it's anxiety, you need to accept that and work on fixing your anxiety! Have you seen a therapist? I do and I find it helps me a lot with my anxiety. I used to be just like you, constantly scared, heart constantly racing, it was terrible. Therapy has helped me alot =)

• Posted

No ive never seen a therapist! I'd like to though. I'm glad it helps you 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.