Gonna make a doctors appointment tomorrow

Posted , 6 users are following.

Just wondering, is it possible for a dose to be too high? Maybe i am having difficulties because 20mg is too high for me. Anyone?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kayleigh. That is a possibility--or so I've been told. I started on ten mg's and worked my way up to 40mg's with little success. I have spent thempast 5 weeks reducing and I feel much better. Still have issues with sleeping but its better than what it was!!!!! Speak to ur Doc though. Or a pharmacist!!!or keep looking for ppl in here who have gone through this. Good luck.

• Posted

Thats the thing.. sleep and mornings are the worst for me. Nausea, dryheaving, upset stomach, loose stool.. no appetite. I had one good week and then bam. Even cried today from all of this.. felt good mind you, but i just wanna feel better
    • Posted

And you will feel good in time. Just beleive that what you are doing is gonna be good in the end. It will normal out for you.
    • Posted

Even though i am already five weeks and five days in? Will it get better?
  • Posted

20mg is generally a standard dose so you are ok

Stop worrying

B.

• Posted

It is just so frustrating. The mornings are the worst. Its discouraging when you think there is improvement and then bam
    • Posted

40mg was too high for me. 30mg maybe not sure yet.

Getting the dose right is important.

• Posted

Do you take your medication in the morning or nightime.

No day is really the same, we feel different and sometimes medications can have variations depending on food or tirdness etc.

I take Opiates and Cit with Amytryptalene, also a raft of other drugs. In my case I feel worse sometimes than other days. That can be the same even when we eat different things, that can effect medications

• Posted

Kayleigh

I felt the same way after being started on 20 mg CIT, 1st week horendous, Things settled after 5 weeks but morning depression & anxiety constant. After 12 weeks couldn't hack it , went back to DOC, He advised increasing dose, I asked for a reduction, Improvement was nearly instant, Have been feeling great for 5weeks on 10mg, Haven;t felt this good in two years. 20mg definetly too high a dose for some. Good luck

• Posted

I have taken it for 5 years. I can only tolerate 10 mg. It works for me.

Good luck!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.