Good advise to get heart fear out of my head

Posted , 6 users are following.

I can't seem to stop worrying about heart and the pressure is have all the time in sternum area. Ekg, echo last year all good. Been on prozac for two weeks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

How long prozac take to work am on it and keep on feeling my heart filtering am scare
  • Posted

Being the tests are all good it is most likely coming from anxiety. It took me a long time to get it through my head that nothing was wrong with my heart. Try an exercise:

Say 5 things you see(ex: I see the lamp shade)

Say 5 things you hear

Say 5 things you feel

Then

Say 4 things you see

Say 4 things you hear

Say 4 things you feel

Then 3

Then 2

Then 1

You can repeat exercise a few times. Hoping you feel better.

• Posted

I have the same issues. I'm also on prozac, seems so be helping a bit I guess. Do things like coloring, drawing, organizing, something to make your mind ignore the symptoms.. They will eventually go away. I had an echo last September and this whole week I've been telling myself I had a heart attack Monday and I'm on the verge of having another one.. Typing this I know how crazy it sounds, but just know you're not alone.

• Posted

Try some mylanta or gas-x maybe it's anxiety induced indigestion or gas. I feel that pressure sometimes too and a good burp or butt burp helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.