GOOD COMEDY TV SERIES

Posted , 9 users are following.

Can you guys recommend me some good comedy tv shows that made you laugh a lot? Cheered you up on your bad days?

4 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

This is a good question! It isn't the answer to the more serious clinical depression which needs the attention of a medical doctor, but for those of us who have occasional bouts of depression from this @#$% PMR, comedy and laughter are answers for many, I believe. My own suggestion is if you are familiar with Bob and Ray, get their CD's from Amazon. It's like eating happy pills. They are geniuses who nwver go out of favor!  My other choice is CD's of Jean Shepherd! He is, to me, the modern Mark Twain. (But don't forget Mark Twain!  Start with America's greatest novel, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.)  His books are great (Wanda Hickey's Night of Golden Memories and other Disasters, and In God We Trust; All Others Pay Cash), but his CD's are wonderful because he has the best story telling voice of anybody! His chuckle will start you laughing. If you want DVD's, you can't go wrong with the "Best of Carson," or the "Best of Carol Burnett." If Tim Conway can't make you laugh, nothing will. I would also include the many "Peanuts" books!  Charles Schulz, and I say this as a retired art teacher, may be the greatest of them all. If you weigh art by  it's emotional impact, he beats DaVinci and everyone. Lastly, and most important, if you don't have a dog, [u]get one[/u]! Good luck!

-Ron from Elmira NY, the "home of Huckleberry Finn" [M.T. quote, for he wrote it here].

• Posted

I am in America so not sure what is the same. I watch movies like Raising Arizona, Barbershop, I like the First two Hangover movies. Monty Python,

The Office is really funny and so is 30 Rock

• Posted

Carry on Films , As Time Goes By , Are you Being Served , nothing better then a good comedy to have a laugh out loud , sometimes better then medication , take care and i hope you find a comedy that suits your taste x
    • Posted

OMG !!! I had forgotten about those. Absolutely fabulous. Thanks for th reminder. For years I missed them on  TV, Now, of course, we can get them on line. Thanks again. I am smiling just thinking about them. I have to go, Young Mr. Grace and Captain Peacock are waiting for me at Grace Brothers. I might visit Fawlty Towers, also.
    • Posted

There have been many comedies back in the 70's , 80's that are just as funny now , recent decades comedies have been a bi of hit and miss , but As Time Goes By ( Geoffrey Palmer , Judi Dench ) , Ab Fab are still funny to watch even now .

• Posted

Google   for tim conway and harvey korman comedy sketches on line. These are among the very, very few things that can make me laugh out loud until tears are in my eyes. Another is the old dean martin roasts. google dean martin celebrity roasts. Hilarious. Hope you laugh a lot. Good therapylol I see your name is the same, darlin'

• Posted

Friends, only fools and horses, Mrs Browns Boys. I always feel calmer after ten PM. Currently Im having a good moment as its 22.20.
  • Posted

faulty  towers.   mock the  week, live at the apollo,  father Ted, the IT crowd, anything by Dave Allen,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.