Good day baaaaaaad eve and question over diazepam

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been replying to people about good and bad days and having mix of both, well it happened to me yesterday. Had a good day but got in a mess last night, lots of reasons but ended up taking a diazepam to calm me as was getting into a right state when I'd gone to bed, my breathing feels like it's switching round where I feel as though I'm breathing in but my body is breathing out, anyhow slept till 5am and feeling delicate and vulnerable. My aim is just to get through the day now.

the question on diazepam is that I've had them for 3 weeks but only taken 7 5mg tabs in that time but I don't know if this is good going or not? 

Nx

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I took diazapam a few months ago. The doc told me to take them as an when I was feeling anxious. But they didn't really agree with me. I took 3 in 3 days. So I think your 7 in three weeks is good. I'm now on clitrapram an hopping they kick in soon. Xx 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

It's great going.

Only having that many in that amount of time means as far as I'm concerned that you are coping very well,even if on days it doesn't feel that way to you.

Getting through each day is all we can do until the day comes where we don't even have to try.

I also have up and down days. I don't have a whole day where I feel good. I have a couple of hours where I'm coping better,then maybe a couple where I'm in meltdown. My evenings seem calmer than my mornings. 

Today I'm concentrating in positive thinking..pushing the negatives back and reinforcing thoughts like " I'm going to get through this,I'm going to be happy"!!! I'm not sure my mind quite believes it yet but hopefully one day it will.

Im so sorry you had a bad evening and morning. My morning is pretty awful too. Let's hope that as the day goes on,we both feel a little better xx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks Gillian, I think we are probably both at similar stages. 

My head is generally working overtime and I can calm the chatter down by keeping busy, reading, etc. I usually rationalise stuff as I go along and when I have an anxious thought but at times I can't rationalise so push it away until I'm calmer and it's usually either gone or I'm better able to rationalise it. My anxiety latches onto things such as leaving the house or other stuff (multiple things also) which just deal by rationalising certain thoughts or by not avoiding situations my head tells me I'm going to have an attack in. Occasionally I have one which I struggle with and it "tips" me over the edge into full anxiety attack which can last hours or I take a diazepam but they leave me really vulnerable for the day or next day. 

It's a lot to do with being told by my first councillor years ago that "my thoughts and my actions sabotage my recovery", so I always thought it was my fault and I wouldn't get better because of ME, she used to tell me off! So anything I perceive as a threat to my recovery triggers anxiety I find difficult to control and us an area I'm looking into cognitively.

your support is I very much appreciated. Nx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I'm the same. Mine usually about physical things about myself. Not health wise. More a preoccupation with certain body parts. I've been mad busy today while all the while telling myself that I can get through this and be happy.

Im at the stage where I'm either overwhelmed by certain thoughts or I can busy myself and push myself through the day. Not relaxing much and not very much focus on outside things although I am trying with that,making myself focus on the TV or on what people are saying.

Sometimes it's so conflicting because you know that you need to relax with all this but on the other hand you know you have to carry on living your life and get things done.

Im exhausted I have to say. I'm 5  week into my medication and just hoping I'm doing enough to find a way out of this xx

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up