Good days bad days?

Posted , 8 users are following.

im sorry to keep moaning, I've had my 2nd knee replacement almost 4 weeks ago and feeling like I've been run over by a truck. Not too bad one minute and like a bag of sh**t the next.  Is this normal?  Leg seems to be improving in range and walking but so stiff, painful and hardly any sleep.  Feeling thoroughly miserable.  I think it's like childbirth, you forget the pain when you go in for another!  Anyone else want to moan with me?  Thanks for listening. Xx

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Elaine, I feel for you!  Been there, done that, got the scars.  I am 1 year post-op with left TKR and 6 months post-op with right TKR.  We definitely block the bad memories out and then it hits you like a ton of bricks AGAIN!  Hang in there girl, it gets better with time - as you know - and you will get back to 'normal' again.  I was able to climb a mountain and walk kilometres on the beach to see a loggerhead turtle laying her eggs at 5 months post right TKR.  Still not completely pain and free and still swells when I am too active but it is getting better all the time.  Stick to your regime of excercising, elevating and icing and most of all:  practice patience and be kind to yourself smile

• Posted

thqts amazing I can't wait to feel normal again.  Feel quite miserable at the moment even though this is a recovery pain which will get better I should be thankful it's not a disease which will get worse pain wise.  Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.