good morning

Posted , 24 users are following.

Thanks to everyone for their kindness and good wishes. Surgery went well but he found a couple of things that weren't expected. There was small crack in the top of the tibia which will require me to wear an immobilizer and use a walker for a couple of weeks. I will only be allowed to use just a toe touch method of walking during that time. Before surgery I discussed the scar tissue that was left from the steel late and screws he found a few inches of muscle that was fused to the bone and wouldn't move causing a lot of pain. His explanation made a lot of sense. He said he just sliced it off the bone so ur can heal properly but it will probably create as much discomfort as the knee but will stop the pain that it had been causing and heal properly. Well, I just hit the button for for the pain meds to kick in so better stop Before the spell starts looking like a 6 yr old. Thanks again for the well wishes

1 like, 48 replies

48 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

great to hear you are over it i too had to toe touch for 6wks after bi lateral as i had a break during surgery its abit unfortunate but hopefully wont put you back much
  • Posted

Glad to hear you did ok! It's also great that you got an explanation for some of your pain. Will be looking forward to your progress updates!
  • Posted

Hope  all  is ok after your opp,   hopeing for a quick recovery.
  • Posted

Just read this. Don't reply to my other post. Keep going. As they say, onwards and upwards.

Gail

• Posted

Dear Roland

i am so very glad to hear that your operation went well and at least you now know what was causing you the pain, and hope you are now on the road to complete recovery.

I also want to thank you for being there for me when I wasn't feeling too well, so now it is our time to be there for you.

Take care and I will eagily watch your progress report. Gill, Saudi Arabia

• Posted

Great stuff OFG I am delighted that you have the op. behind you and you're back to your irrepressible and knowledgeable self ,it's good to hear some good news at this time of worldwide gloom. They don't make them as tough as you anymore and if they do I don't hear of themeek.Continue to baffle them all with your optimism and resilience and I hope you once again make a speedy recovery.

From a fellow septuagenarium.

• Posted

Glad to hear op went well and hope they've sorted a few problems out for you. Very best wishes for your recovery. Jen (in Wales) x
  • Posted

Wow, good to hear from you so soon, Roland! If anyone can come through this with flying colours, it's you. Thanks for letting us all know how it went.

Still thinking of you,

Denise from Oz

• Posted

Enjoy the meds and listen to the nurses you don't have to do everything they say just smile.

Looking forward to hearing your progress

Take care

• Posted

Hey, are you still doing well?
    • Posted

Unfortunately I had a lousy night. I felt sort of sick at my stomach all night and can't quit sweating this morning. Waiting for the 'm
    • Posted

Staff physician to show up so h e c a n analyze the symptoms
    • Posted

Oh dear that's not good, hope it gets sorted out for you.  Hope it's not infection xx
    • Posted

I'm very sorry to read this. Sounds like you're in a really low place. Maybe the only way is up. I pray so.
    • Posted

Fingers crossed for you that's it's nothing that will put you back and you'll feel better soon x
    • Posted

I hope that you are beginning to feel better . .maybe it's shock?  the poor body has had an awful lot to put up with.  At least you are in a good teaching hospital, where they should know the best way to sort you out! thinking of you . . .hope the news is good soon.  You are like a personal friend to so many of us on here!
    • Posted

Oh bless OFG hope its something and nothing just the warm weather you keep on trukin lol god bless x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.