Good morning my lovelies.....

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hope today finds everyone well.

Couple of things to share today, firstly, hubs cooked me a lovely meal last night, which he had planned especially for me to be tasty but also very

nutritious. I enjoyed glass of wine with it, but knew as soon as I'd had

enough, whereas pre-op I'd have guzzled down more!

Secondly, I hope this might help others - I've seen knee sensitivity mentioned a good few times, with discomfort on and around the wound/scar. I was browsing You Tube yesterday and came across a funny little guy, with a

few tutorials. For the sensitivity,and nerve-end irritation, he suggested

"Wrapping" the knee. If you've still got stitches, wrap white kitchen roll (yes kitchen roll!) round the knee and secure with tape. If you haven't got stitches or staples left, then another the area with moisturizing cream, E45, or similar. Then wrap the whole thing, fairly tightly, in cling film. Yea, I know. Nutcase, right??

Wrong! I tried it, and was able to keep a cover on my entire leg all night-

previously I'd only been able to drape a silk scarf over the knee because it was so sensitive

Also, when I got up, the early morning stiffness was much less than

normal..

So yesterday's lessons - hubby may be a bit of a pillock at times, and very

insensitive, but he really does have my well-being at heart. And don't

dismiss things without trying them, even if it's being suggested by an odd

little man on you tube!

Oh and by the way, I've just lifted my leg onto the sofa unaided πŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™Œ

So Happy Sunday everyone, hope everyone has a positive to celebrate

Today xxx

3 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Have heard about clingfilm before. Please, if you do this, be extremely careful how tight you bandage your knee.

Would NOT advise during first six weeks when risk of DVT is still high. Β In fact, would not advise it at all.

Lynn 9 months post first TKR/5 days post 2nd knee.

Β 

• Posted

Thanks for adding that Lynn, I didn't think about DVT. Don't worry I didn't wrap mine tight, just enough to keep it in place.

Guess my lesson is think about the consequences of what I'm doing......

I just got carried away with the success I had with it.

• Posted

That is certainly food for thought!! Anything to make you feel better is a bonus! I only managed two drinks last night (first time in ages!) and felt that that was more than enough whereas before the op ... 2 drinks wouldn't even have touched the sides!

Have a lovely Sunday and let's hope the sun shines!! πŸ˜‰ xxx

• Posted

Hi Terri great news from your end. It must have been the night for drinks poos, I to had 2 wine spritzers. It felt like I had had the whole bottle. Only problem was It was after 3 before I went to sleep? This has been the worse night I have had throughout my 23 days pose op. But hey will try again LOL. Carry on with the good progress, x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.