Good news

Posted , 11 users are following.

Just wanted to share my good news I am now 8 weeks post tkr and after a very shaky start cellulitis at day 3 lots of pain swelling and tablets ( same as most) I had my last physio session today and I have just over 120 degrss bend a complete straighten and am walking unaided. If someone had told me I would be able to do all this 8 weeks ago I would have probably sworn at them. My advice push yourself when doing your exercises even if it hurts keep walking about and you will turn that corner. Good luck to everyone with replacements xxx

5 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Well done Joanne!

Can I ask if your knee still feels heavy / Stiff / tight or has it started to feel more like you own knee now?

• Posted

Yes Tracey it still feel stiff and tight but is bearable and if I do too much it starts to feel heavy but I'm not in any pain anymore and I was on a lot of tablets. It still feels like an alien in my leg but I think that is in my head because I know it's not bone anymore but it's getting better xx
    • Posted

Thanks for that; I guess it is just time for our brains and bodies to adjust.

Great news for you and in time for Christmas!

All the best x

• Posted

Well done Joanne. It just proves that it is all worth it in the end. 
  • Posted

Wel, done Joanne due to have mine 6th Jan that certainly gives me hope thanks for letting us know hope you continue getting better mobility and stay pain free xx
  • Posted

That is good news Joanne - congrats to you!

I'd also like to share something while I'm on this site. I flew from Los Angeles to Phoenix Arizona the other night with my daughter and my TKR sounded the alarm when going through security! I had to have a "pat down!" With the millions of people who have had hip or knee replacements, how do they do it?

Makes me wary of flying again!

Betty 15 weeks 

• Posted

I wondered if that would happen I'm going to Egypt in June next year so at least I will be prepared for the pat down. Hope it wasn't to uncomfortable for you. 
    • Posted

Guess that's going to happen to me in a couple of weeks when we visit my daughter for Thanksgiving!
    • Posted

There must be an easier way, considering the millions of people in the world with metal in their bodies!

I'd like to hear how others have gone through it.

• Posted

A bit embarrassing, but I am happy with the extra security.  We live in a dangerous World, unfortunately.
    • Posted

Oh I absolutely agree that the extra security is a good & necessary thing. I guess I was envisioning the thousands of people with metal in their bodies, going through airports everyday, that it would keep security awfully busy if they have to pat down each & every one of them. I just wondered how others got through it.

Maybe it's not as exaggerated as I envision it, 😊 meaning it probably doesn't happen with every other person that goes through security.

Fortunately it was not busy the night I went through, and even though I was offered a private room, I declined & let her pat me down right there. The security officer was extremely nice, by the way. It was not embarrassing at all & it was over before I knew it. Just a little serreal for a first time experience. 

Have a great time at Thanksgiving! Hope the worry of your next TKR will not put a damper on your fun time.

Betty 

• Posted

Nothing will stop me enjoying that special time with my daughter.

Feeling so much more confidant over past few weeks and this trip to America will consolidate that.

Will warn security before I go through that I will set the alarm off!

Lynn 19.5 weeks post op

• Posted

Hi Joanne,  that's brilliant news. I am 4 weeks post TKR have 80% bend, leg like a dogs hind leg and walking like a chicken. I hope over the next 4 weeks I can improve and get back to driving. Sometimes I think it is never going to get any better and wish I'd never had it done but then I read stories like yours and it gives me hope. Good luck with your continued improvement. Well done....😃🌻
    • Posted

I love the description of your leg ...lol

i think mine belongs to someone else 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.