Good News after knee replacement

Posted , 7 users are following.

I had a full replacement on my left knee 6 months ago and think that the results are well worth the initial pain.  I used to be in pain all the time and was walking around like Groucho Marx.  I can now walk for a couple of miles comfortably and my legs perfectly straight. I've joined the gym and got a personal trainer. We're working on building up the muscles in my leg, which had become very wasted.  I've had a new lease of life.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Its good to hear you are doing well.i am only 6 weeks post op and waiting for the next one . I too was in constant pain , walking bent over , already I have straightened up . I hope you continue to improve I will try the swimming pool next I think 
  • Posted

Thank you for sharing with us your good news. It means that one day I will feel like you.  I already noticed big improvement, I can walk more and without pain. Unfortunately I need TKR on my left knee, which is painfull to walk on.  I am nearly 14 weeks after operation. Unfortunately I tore a quad muscle, so i have

to take my exercises easy.  Keep in touch with us.

• Posted

That is really good news and gives me hope. Thank you.
  • Posted

I was fortunate to only need the one knee replacement.  I do think that having the personal trainer has been beneficial. I was finding it hard to cycle but having someone there that encourages, not bullies though, has pushed me into making an effort. 
  • Posted

HI 

JUST READ YOUR GREAT NEWS

THAT IS HOW I NOW FEEL TWO WEEKS AFTER MY FINAL SYNVISC KNEE INJECTION- THE PAIN HAS GONE 

A NEW LEASE OF LIFE - AND LIFE BECOMES WORTH LIVING AGAIN

PERHAPS ONE DAY I MIGHT HAVE TO HAVE THE TKR BUT IN THE MEANTIME I'M STICKING WITH THE INJECTION METHOD

ALL THE BEST ANYWAY

JUDE

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.