Goodbye - for now

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi, anyone who remembers me,

i had my TKR 9 months ago ( thinking about it, I'd rather have had a baby...!) and I and still a bit stiff.

I am saying goodbye for a while because I fly to UK for 5 weeks next week. I think I'm going to set the customs alarms off, actually looking forward to trying that!

I am still on Facebook - Carol Desmond, if anyone wants to chat.

bye

Caz x

TKR Sept 2014 Pom in Perth - Oz

1 like, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Tell the staff before you go through the xray then when the alarm goes off they will hand wand you knee first. It gets annoying as it hapens at every airport
    • Posted

Thanks for the advice Annodoremouse, I will do that. I'm getting so excited!!
  • Posted

Hi Caz

im pretty new having had TKR 7 weeks ago but I know what you mean about rather having a baby!!

hope yours is OK and you have a great trip over here - I wouldn't be bothered about the metal detectors, I think I'd be more worried about sitting on the flight for so long!

• Posted

Hi Susan,

i remember 7 weeks. I hope your knee is as good as mine was. I think I am one of the lucky ones, not too many complications.

i bought a pair of flight socks today, I am going to trial wear them tomorrow.

We are stopping at Mauritius for 4 days. Mauritius is an 8 hour flight from here. We fly out at 1pm. I'm not going to sleep the night before, hoping to sleep on the plane. Mauritius is 4 hours behind us so we will land at 4pm their time.

• Posted

Looked for you on facebook, but no carol desmond from Perth came up!  There are quite a few Carol Desmonds . . .  Have a great time in UK . . weather is apparently really good there at the moment.  Hope the flight is not too daunting!
    • Posted

Hi martinarvelo,

I just looked for me, I come up with Carol Desmond Chandos Girls school, Harrow Art School

My profile pic is the same as on here, me and Freddie.

if you can't find me, let me know your name and I will try to find you.

Caz x

• Posted

Thats really strange. . .looked for you a couple of days ago, and no Carol Desmonds in Perth showed up . . looked again today, and you were top of the list!!!  Have a great time in London, new forest etc . . We visited Perth a few years back . . lovely city, wonderful parrots flying around in the park . .was it King's Park?  Something like that. . .Thought it was going to be warmer though!  It was November, and very chilly!  
  • Posted

Oooo caz where are you going in the UK???
    • Posted

Hi Andrea30334,

i am a Londoner, always will be at heart. Going to London, to my eldest brother, then to another brother in the New Forest for a family reunion. I lived in Hastings and my hubbys family are there, so we will be based there, but have plans to go to Somerset and Norfolk.

i have an art school reunion to go to in Harrow!

Caz x

• Posted

Oh other end of the country to me lol im in West Yorkshire. Have a fantastic time x x
  • Posted

Hi Caz

Glad all has gone well for you and how exciting that you can make such a long trip.  I am facing further surgery at the year anniversary, unfortunately.

You will set off the alarms, as I did when I flew after my first TKR.  It's really funny when they place the manual scanner over it!

I wish you all the best.

Patsy

• Posted

Hi Patsy, 

Sorry to here the at you are going through it again. I have a horrible feeling I will be having my other one done too by the way it feels now.

Thanks for the best wishes

got to set them off just once! Just for fun!

Caz x

• Posted

Enjoy the time away. Happy for you the time has come. You have waitrd a long time for it. See you on fb. I'm starting the week 3 phase. It's a little easier this Tim but will know after tomorrow when the stitches come out and the pain level goes up. Hope the time with family is enjoyable a nd you have and you no leg issues except for the normal airport bells and whistles

• Posted

Hi Rolland,

I really hope you start to have an improvement. It would certainly be about time, after the awful run of bad luck and pain you have had to endure.

Thank you for all the helpful advice, I'm so glad we are friends.

See you on Facebook 

Caz x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.