Goodbye - for now

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi, anyone who remembers me,

i had my TKR 9 months ago ( thinking about it, I'd rather have had a baby...!) and I and still a bit stiff.

I am saying goodbye for a while because I fly to UK for 5 weeks next week. I think I'm going to set the customs alarms off, actually looking forward to trying that!

I am still on Facebook - Carol Desmond, if anyone wants to chat.

bye

Caz x

TKR Sept 2014 Pom in Perth - Oz

1 like, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Have a good trip to the UK. The weather here is rather nice at the moment. Whereabouts in the UK are you travelling to? 
    • Posted

Hi Pru,

From here, Perth Western Oz to Mauritius for 4 days, Paris for 2 days, then catch the train to London. 

Going to New forest, then Somerset , Norfolk via Buckinghamshire.

then to East Sussex, then London until August 22, home to Perth stopping at Mauritius for 1 day.

so, sort of everywhere South .

Caz x

• Posted

The weather has changed again here. Typical British summer! You don't know from one dat to the next what it will be like. I'm sure Mauritius will be lovely. Enjoy the UK. It does have it's own beauty. 

Pru x

• Posted

Enjoy your trip, Caz. Hope it all goes smoothly.

Jen x

• Posted

Thanks Jennifer, I'm sure I will, once I stop worrying. Once I'm on the plane it will be ok

Caz x

• Posted

Bon voyage caz 
    • Posted

Thanks Sue, kind of can't wait to be back. I'm sure you know what I mean. I love the way the Aussie clap when they land in Oz. I will be joining in this time!

i hope I'm warm enough, their " heatwave" was nothing compared to what we get here. Lol

Caz x

• Posted

Hi Carol I have set you a friend request my me is Beverley Kent and my profile photo is of me and my husband on holiday mas palomas
  • Posted

Have a great trip!

I am new here and still getting the lay of the land.

Have fun setting off the alarms!

My PT said we are all SUPPOSED to get official CARDS that state that we have metal replacement parts in our bodies.

Personally, I think setting off the alarm is waaay cooler!

• Posted

I asked my anethastis about that he said no you don't get a card just show them your scar 
    • Posted

I researched online about cards after my first TKR.  Some authorities seem to give them.  I thought I would be given something showing the make and serial number, in case of any problems down the line.

There is a company who will register you and provide a card, but you have to pay.

I set the scanners off last year, but you just tell them that you have a new knee and it's fine.  They just hand scan it to check.

• Posted

I got a card and letter from the surgeon when I had my original in 2014. They could have both been blank for all the good it did. Someone in therapy recently said she didn't get anything and I haven't received anything since the original

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.