Google is ruining my life with GAD

Posted , 5 users are following.

So of course I've been doing my research again and now I'm positive I have diabetes one day I just startiled paying attention to the amount of times I urinate and the. I started really paying attention every day and tracking it and started wondering if it's too much and it's so overwhelming then I thought I could have a blood clot in my leg because it hurt in a spot for no reason. I've read countless articles on how anxiety can cause all these symptoms all on its own but it's just not convincing because how can it be fair that I go through this every day... My disorder is starting to get the best of me and it's really upsetting everytime I google something I have it and I'm positive I'm on the way to my grave please help with some copping methods?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, sometimes it is not a good idea to research too much. I suggest you seek advice from your gp.
  • Posted

Well I agree with the comment of not searching too much IF it worries you. I have anxiety as well and I go to great lengths to google my symptoms because I want to know my symptoms and the possibilites of what they mean but it doesn't bother me as to what the outcome could be. Somehow I don't worry until I know I have something to worry about. I just have dumb stress with no reason! Do go see a good doctor and tell them everything. They have seen everything and will know how to help you!
  • Posted

This is becoming a daily routine for me.. I have a new disorder ever day and I am so embarassed by my actions.. it makes me sad that I can't refrain from getting on the Internet and looking up symptoms and diagnosing myself. I see a psychitrist monday and a therapist wednesday of next week.. I hope I am able to learn some tools to help me cope..
    • Posted

You could have OCD that keeps you running to check your symptoms. Seeing a good psycho dr. will help. If not, try another. It took me 3 to find the right fit. I am an anxiety depression mess with possible ADD! Don't be embarassed. Everybody has a problem of some kind and if it as simple as something you have you may actually be blessed. Look at it that way. By going on this post I have learned to be greatful that I only have the issues I do. If you are obsessing then find something else to do with your computer time. I wish I could help you to not worry but I know telling someone not to doesn't work at all. But do you realize the chances of you having all the things you worry about? I really think and hope that the doc will be able to give you something to take your mind off of all that. My whole family including my kids all have some kind of disorder and my daughter is a little OCD. She has to go down one side of the aisle in the store before looking at the stuff on the otherside or she worries she will miss something. You just consider it a quirk and don't consider it a problem unless it bothers YOU. It doesn't really bother her so no big deal. Good luck on your Dr. visit and keep me informed on the help that they offer!!
  • Posted

You most definetly have health anxiety. Me too. Im suppose to have eye surgery this week and the recover is long and hard but i have googled so much im now petrified off my rocker. Not sure how im going to cope with any of it. I. Believe i have stressed out everyone i know but all the knowledge i have read, or the negatives because who goes online to say how great or happy they are. The internet puts up prudent information. They dont want issues and .org are better but also prudent. Did you ever notice if you ask you gp questiins you have googled they dont even know what you are talking about at times. I will say you are moat likely a very bright person who uses knowledge to rationale stuff as i think most anxiety ridden people are very smart. Google mindful breathing and cbt and see if that can help you.  Cooing is what skill you need to patiently teach yourself through cbt and through mindful breathing. You can read about gaurdian angels and arch angels and that can be calming.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.