Got a 11 hour flight in 2 weeks

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello all

Got a flight to America in 2 weeks it's 11 hours long. Has any one got any tips please? Also what medication did you take ? I've heard some people took claxan or just a asprine

Thanks

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

325mg aspirin. Walk every hour half for 15 minutes. While sitting every 5 minutes flex your feet up and down. That's what I've heard. I don't fly but I take road trips for work and my pulmonologist puts me on 325 aspirin and walk 15 minutes every hour half.

• Posted

Hi.  Some important advice, if you are on blood thinners, you don't need to take ASA, you are the most protected on the plane.  Secondly wear compression stockings even wiggling your legs and feet are good, whenever you think of it.  From where are you flying?

• Posted

I'm not on blood thinners any more I'm flying from Gatwick to LAX 11 hours.

• Posted

I was about to fly from Australia to Japan via Hongkong and my doctor wanted to put me on Xarelto, but I preferred to take Clexane as that was what I was taking for 3 months following my PE. In the end I didn't go, so there was no need.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply. So are you still on blood thinners ?? Or you have been off then and they want you to go back on them if you fly ?? I have some rivaroxaban at home didn't know weather or not to use it

• Posted

Yes, I'm off blood thinners since November, except for baby aspirin.

• Posted

I was told any travel if 3hrs or longer to wear support hose to prevent clots and try to get up any stretch as much as you can enjoy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.