Gp fed up

Posted , 4 users are following.

Been seeing my gp weekly for last 4/5 weeks. Im worried after today that she is getting fed up with me....she was saying ways i could change my situation.....she wasnt mean but wirried im annoying her now 😣

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I don't think that is the case. Maybe by giving you suggestions / ideas, you may be presented with something that you haven't thought off? Or may consider doing.

If you have been going for each week and there is no dialogue, what is the point of going? Your GP can only do so much to help you before you have to then think about helping yourself.

Think of it in a different way, that you GP is giving you the tools (advice, suggestions etc) to bring about a change. Now it's up to you to implement them.

Good luck 🍀

• Posted

Yeah...she has asked me to see her weekly..thats why Ive been going. I think she was trying to help and feels my living situation isnt helping me.
    • Posted

Is there anything you could do to change your living situation? Maybe even making a small change? Might not seem much, but sometimes a little adjustment can make a big difference.

Even if you can't at the moment, at least thinking about what the GP said, is a start x

• Posted

Yea.def cant do it right now not in a good place to move but am thinking about it for long term.....
  • Posted

Hi k886- if she a doctor worth her salt, you will not be annoying her. Her suggesting ways you can change your situation are ideas for you to consider. If you are rejecting these suggestions outright she may be frustrated. Next time just listen and indicate youll think about those suggestions. If she really is fed up with you she will state that she doesn't think she can help you and will refer you to someone else. If you, on the other hand, are not comfortable with her, you need to get another doc.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.