Grateful

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi All!  

I just want to say it again...I am so grateful for this forum.  The honest and open dialogue is such a boost for me, feeling alone on this journey is a thing of the past.

I sit on the sidelines and read all of the comments here, each experience helps me to move forward in my recovery.

I am now 8 weeks out from TKR, and it certainly helps (and is also too bad) to read that others are still feeling pain, sleepless nights, numbness, etc.  Without this shared information my imagination would be reeling!  My doctor and PT just don't share ANY relevant healing information with me.  Thank you all for being so open and honest about your recovery.

Blessings on your recovery!

Laura

7 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Laura, how lovely! Yes, the imagination combined with a dab of fear can play havoc!

Blessings to you and keep up the good work!

• Posted

Such lovely thoughts to which I totally agree! I would have been lost without the wealth of incredible information and support I have received here both before and after my TKR. Thanks to all that give of themselves so freely so that future warriors can be as prepared as possible. Best of luck to you for continued healing!
  • Posted

Hi Laura!

I found this forum several weeks after my first TKR (two years ago!) I'm still here -- continuing to learn about the experiences of others and hopefully also helping those recovering from their surgeries. It's a great group of people here! There always is SOMEONE awake and able to provide support!

Wishing you continued success and relief from pain and discomfort!??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.