Graves disease

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi, I was diagnosed with Graves disease about a month ago. I am taking Carbimazole, and been researching quite vigorously ever since. I've found forums, but it seems they are old discussions from years ago. Is anyone else out there now, or have you all gone into remission, hoping you have!

I've read some very scary stories, I can tell you.

Jackie.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I was diagnosed last week with hyperthyroidism and thyroid eye disease. I'm having a CT scan next week so am quite early on in the process. I was treated as having an allergy for two and a half weeks which didn't help, but at least now I know what it is. I'm on Carbimzole too, but It's early days yet. So your not alone and hopefully there are people out there who've been through it ll who can help us newbies through it all!
  • Posted

Thanks Hare,

That's already made me feel better, & not feeling so alone.

Keep me posted on your progress, & let's hope you beat the norm & things improve quickly.

Jackie O

• Posted

I was going to suggest you look at the Graves part 4 thread but you're on it already. They seem to be a very supportive group and now we know we're not alone!
  • Posted

Yeh, thanks Hare. It's nice to know we can all have a good moan if we want, and the whole group understands, yippee!
  • Posted

hi ihave over active thyroid and t3 toxicosis bin on carbimazole for a year do you know if this is graves or not im knew to this too good luck to you all

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.