graves disease

Posted , 2 users are following.

Treatment for after effects of graves

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had graves disease some years back, it left me with bulging sore eyes and swollen lids.  My local hospital wouldnt operate as they said it was risky because of the optic nerve being damaged. I got myself referred to moorfields under a brilliant surgeon. My eyes are back to normal after the op.  This isnt the case apparently for everyone but, dont lose hope. Its worth getting referred.
  • Posted

Hi Deborah,thank you so much for the update on your own post Graves eye issues. Nice to hear encouraging feedback .

wonder if you could PM me the name of your surgeon, as I m quite hesitant about getting surgery,after hearing less positive outcome in others.

thank you, and glad all is fine with you now! 

• Posted

From memory it was Mr.Rose, excellent surgeon. My op was in 2005 i assume he is still practicing.  Good luck.
  • Posted

Thank you, Deborah for this useful info.

I will find out if Dr Rose is still there? and hope to be as lucky as you are.all the best to you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.