Graves disease and indigestion whilst euthyroid

Posted , 3 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Hi everyone hope u guys OK just want yo know that do u get indigestion issue with graves disease whilst u e euthyroid and not on any medication mean carbimazole bcs I'm getting it a lot had it since I been diagnosed but doctors don't believe when I say that I never had indigestion issue before pls if any one of u can give some sort of advice ....thanks ....samy

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Samy ...

One of the things I took to become Euthyroid after Graves was Acidophilus

I take 40 billion per day ..

As 80% of our Immune system is in our Gut ... think you may find a big difference if you'd like to try it I'm thrilled with the effects as I had problems before ... not now tho ..

Luv mx🌹

• Posted

Just my thought: you may have "leaky gut" which may cause autoimmune disorder; in turn, autoimmune may initiate GD. I don't know any medication or supplement can cure the disorder, but there are special diet protocols you can follow to resolve/lesson the problem. The best thing is it may eventually truly cure the GD! I think your indigestion issue does not come from GD. The "leaky gut" problem comes from a long way (your previous lifetime) of normal daily diet routine. It's just the accumulation effect of some natural "toxin" which is not absorbed by our body but "stored" somewhere in our digestion system. For a long while, these toxins are accumulated in our body to a threshold level starting to harm our digestion system and cause the immune system to go misfire!  (a good example: 2 pieces of whole wheat bread a day give you tons of gluten... for 10 years, this big chunk of gluten stored in your body may start to make your gut leak!)  Just my 5c.

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up