Great chat with my vicar today

Posted , 4 users are following.

After another horrendous night I met up with my vicar this afternoon for a coffee in town, what a great chat we had, totally non judgemental, he didn't once mention faith only when I mentioned it, he listened and asked about how I felt, family etc, we had a good laugh also, he even bought the coffee! 

I'm not necessarily a practicing Christian but do pray when I'm in need and have been to church recently yet he still remembered so much about me. 

It was as good a therapy session as any! 

Id recommend it to anyone irrespective of your faith, but guess a lot depends on your vicar, luckily I've a very open one with a sense of humour.

Neil 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Neil, that's so wonderful to hear. I'm really glad you had a great talk, and especially laugh smile It's good when people aren't forcing you into anything, but are simply there for you to listen and to talk to xx
  • Posted

Hiya Neil, glad you had a good old chat and a laugh with someone who didn't judge you or put any pressure on you and you also had the bonus of not having to pay for the coffee winkhope you now have a nice relaxing evening, take care smile xx
    • Posted

hi lesley, 

of course Neil had a great evening, he got free coffee, this is enough to make him having sweet dreams lol ( but i hope the coffee wasnt string 1) lol have a nice dat smile

• Posted

Hi Neil smile

i am glad you had nice time! sometimes all we need is someone listen to us without ( whaaat, whyyy and all that stupid judging !!!

take care XD

P.S: sorry for my poor english !

• Posted

I lost my faith many years ago. However 15 weeks ago when all this started and I was waiting for the test results from my needle stick injury I started to say a Novena prayer to Saint Dymphna..patron saint of emotional/mental disorders. You say the prayer for 9 days. I wasn't holding out much hope tbh and was just desperate. I said the last day of the prayer and the following morning the phone rang and the nurse told me all my results came back negative. 

It's restored my faith and I to have visited my priest on two occasions and we have chatted and laughed and prayed. He also gave me a mention(although not by name) in Sunday mass and they all prayed for me. I was very moved xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.