Groin pain!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey everyone, I'm hoping someone has sort of a same story and can give me some answers I need.

About 9 months ago I lifted a pallet at work and felt a sharp sting in my left groin. my work took me straight to the doctors and they declared it was a groin strain and should heal in a couple weeks. The pain started in the groin area near my testicles and radiated all around the groin,hip,hamstring and quadricep. I've also been getting pain in my lower stomach to left just above the groin.

I've been experiencing constant aching and sharp pains every now and then when I walk and sleeping is a bit of drama with the aching.

I've had 2 MRI's on my hip and groin that showed nothing and 3 ultrasounds that also showed nothing. The doctors put it down to a groin or abductor strain. I've been on Compo for 9 months now but still have been working on light duties. I keep being told it's going to heal from the doctors but it just won't heal and I'm worried I will have this for the rest of my life. I've also seen about 3 doctors and 2 Physio's. I'm a serious sports person and I'm struggling really badly being out. Any answers or suggestions at this point would just be amazing.

Thank you.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

As kpj asked, that was my first question, surely they checked your for a hernia didn't they? What you are discribing sounds exactly like what my husband discribed before he had three hernias repaired.

• Posted

Hey guys that's for the reply! Yeah they checked for hernias in both the MRI and ultrasound and nothing apparent. I had a Hernia repair on the right side and it's near the same symptoms and pain on this left side but apparently the scans showed nothing.

I get a constant ache in my groin/stomach and when I'm laying down my hamstring feels like a stretching pain, also sometimes when I walk I'll get a stabbing pain that goes away straight away. Also lifting I get a weird numb/burning feeling. I can't explain the pain I get or find the exact spot where the pain and aching comes from.

Thanks for the reply guys! Hopefully you have some more answers

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.