Groin pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi hope someone can help. I'm four weeks post op and in the last few days have developed groin pain - esp when doing some exercises would anyone know if this is part of the healing process at this stage?

I feel I'm doing well other than this!

Thanks

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Can’t speak for anyone else but when I developed groin pain 2-4 weeks my dr told me I was doing too much , to stop the exercises, Ice, rest & heal some more before resuming. That worked for me. 

• Posted

Hi thanks for reply - I might try that - apart from usual after effects this is the first hiccup I've had!

• Posted

Can’t speak for anyone else but when I developed groin pain 2-4 weeks my dr told me I was doing too much , to stop the exercises, Ice, rest & heal some more before resuming. That worked for me. 

• Posted

Yes, I had groin pain off and on for almost a year and it was usually when I oveexercised. I learned to be careful with anything that required adduction (moving leg past that center line they warned us with posterior surgery about) of the inner thigh. My surgeon told me it was ok unless the pain was very sudden and sharp which could mean dislocation. I am fine now. 
    • Posted

That's sounds exactly what I'm doing- when I doing the exercise moving leg away from centre - that's what hurting it most - think I'll take everyones advice and ease down a little on exercises - thanks for reply - good to know it goes eventually

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.