Ground hog day. Help!

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've been so depressed lately, more than usual. I have nothing in life to look forward to. I get up every day, have breakfast, go for a walk, shower, lunch, go to my stupid pt job for the afternoon, come home, eat dinner, go to bed. Rinse and repeat. Every day in and out. More recently I've been exhausted emotionally and physically. The walks aren't as enjoyable. I have no life...nothing going on. I'm just existing and I'm stuck. Help!!

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Sounds tedious and I'm in the same place so I understand where you are at.  I just see it as the better way of getting through each day and hoping something will happen during the course of the tedium to make it better.  Right now we have very hot weather and that has a negative effect on me - no energy at all.  I can look forward to this ending at some point.  Just keep going - something will improve.  Take care.

• Posted

you can try to make plans with your friends and try to do some activities to get your mind off things. that seems to help for me
  • Posted

Please, check in with your health care provider.

You will have better days.

I always try to get out into nature I love the birds and the bees, flowers trees and the blue skies. Look at nature through the eyes of a child--with wonder and no questions,just enjoy it.

I will pray for you to find happiness 

• Posted

You need something else except for the mundane and it sounds like the walking isn't doing much any more,  try walking a different way,  try speaking to different people as being alone physically is not a joke - that's how I felt yesterday.  I went out in the end I needed to. 

• Posted

Good suggestions.  I go out almost every day and yesterday walked in different location which really helped.

• Posted

I don't know where you live but as this is build,  dig city in Leicester I don't have many places to walk that are nice.  May be I should move to where you are? 

• Posted

Change your routine. When you're home go out to different places. Park, store, movies etc. 👍

• Posted

Hi Jill - same here. Some days I don't mind it one bit - but then once in a while it hits me that I'm alone and there seems nothing on the horizon. Everything was the opposite of that for 40 years. Still - things could be much worse...

• Posted

Did you talk to the psychologist? He/she may help you to find some motivation to move on. All these routine things make me bored and sad too. Try to find some new hobby, a little change in your life can help a bit.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.