Guess what everyone!

Posted , 4 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

I went to the best gastric doc here today.  My CT scan showed no signs of DD, he says sounds more like a spastic colon.  He punched around and I have had this right flank ‘ache’ off and on ...more on than off since February.   He doesn’t see any abnormalities of the colon or scan of other organs so he put me on Dicyclomine 10 mg the least dose because I am so sensitive to meds.    He also told me absolutely no fiber. 

I ate chicken soup, crackers, water tonight w my pill. No aching.   He did schedule scopes for both ends in July.    If he were concern about anything serious would he have scheduled so far away?   

That’s my anxiety kicking in!    Do any of you have a lot of stress/anxiety that have tummy issues?   

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Smart doctor. Use the dicylomine as needed. I take 20 mg but have taken 10 mg.  I also have IBS  and DD ANF spastic Colon so it’s a losing battle so just be patient and keep a log on what bothers you.  I must stay away from too much fiber.  It hurts me more than helps.  I use Miralax for constipation.  It really helps and keep using it when needed.  Straining causes irritation in those pockets. Good luck!
  • Posted

I have definitely felt that stress has impacted on my health.  Whenever I get stressed I get the knots in my stomach.  Recently a doctor prescribed me buscopan.  

I've been on omeprazole for years as I was previously diagnosed with IBS and on my health records it's also been noted gastritis (which I didn't know of) and now in a quandry as to whether I take omeprazole or buscopan!  

• Posted

Yes....you know when all this stuff came out that you had to consume so much fiber a day, I thought ok.....I’ll try it....maybe it will help me not have any more issues with DD!  Wrong!  Why don’t they say ‘Fiber Is Not For Everyone’???   I can remember way back 20 years that I had issues and not one doctor said lower or don’t each fiber. Your system can’t toketate it. Even my surgeon who did my resection never told me.  

This group has helped me more than you know....or you probably DO know as we all seem to be able to figure this out a little at a time. 

I’m ssoo thankful I found all of you!  

• Posted

Have you tried eating clean. Dr Junger is a good book to help with IBS. Find out what bothers you and stay away from it. That might help smile
  • Posted

If you don't have DD why no fiber. Isn't that supposed to help keep the DD away? And if your fine why the Dicylocomine? Is that an antibiotic?

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up