Guidance

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi i have been a regular over the past months i am 10 months in 2nd time around on citralopram have done as much as i can to learn about how to handle anxiety and panic attacks which started out of the blue 2 years ago . I do think some symptoms is to do with the menopause but i have stayed on the citralopram i have had 1 blip up until today and i feel awful again . Being sick upset stomach hot skin feeling and that feeling of dread i dont know what else to do now i just want to stop feeling like this x I ve had to take a beta blocker now which i dont like taking

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi, im going through the same thing at the minute, im on 20mg and have been on these tablets for about 15 months now, i was doing so well i thought i was almost recovered until now im having a blip and i keep getting that dread feeling to, and the throwing up due to panicking too much. im not sure i can give you much guidance other than we will both get through it we've done it before we'll do it again x

• Posted

hi how r u feeling today i had to come home from work as feeling terrible . I seem to be a bit better now but at my worse it was always the morning that was the worst . I started off on 20mg but went down to 10mg and apart from 1 blip was ok . Its so draining to keep trying to stop feeling like this especially as i never had it before so annoying

• Posted

hello, sorry for the late reply ive only just seen this. im not doing too good, im going on holiday on saturday and absolutely panicking about it cant seem to rationalize any of my thoughts, my doctor has given me some diazapam to have to calm me down but im too scared to take them 😕

how are you today?

• Posted

i am a lot better today i was the same last year with my holiday was in a right state but took my beta blockers and after a few days calmed down . Try to think positive and take the diazapam 1 will not hurt you see how u r with them if not ask for proproponol they are brilliant . Hope you feel better soon and enjoy your holiday

• Posted

Hi Michelle ,i think you may be right that some of your side effects are due to your menopause.Could i ask you how old are you as age also has some point in all of this.If you feel still down then i would suggest you go back to your gp and what your gp says

• Posted

i am 53 but have had a partial hysterectomy so difficult to tell if i am or not . I have spoken to my gp who said i could go on hrt but i dont want to keep messing with different meds . I just want to go back to feeling normal and not have the fear in the back of my mind about having a blip

• Posted

I agree with Marsh, as much as Citalopram helped some of my menopause symptoms, when I read your post about feeling hot and that dread feeling, it brought back memories of feeling like that. I am a few years post menopause and feeling tons better apart from the odd hot flush, and get the occasional hot feeling. It does get better.

• Posted

i hope so r u still on the cit then i only take 10mg and plan to stay on that started in 20mg . I did manage to go swimming yesterday before work and managed to do a full shift it work . Went doctors yesterday he said take the anti sickness tablets he gave me until it evens out . He checked everything and all was ok so must be a mixture of anxiety and menopause symptoms . I just want to get back to feeling fine and not have in the back of my mind that i am going to go back to how i was at my worst

• Posted

i started on 20 mg back in feb 2017 and dropped to 10 mg 5 months after .I was doing fine until i had a bad reaction to some antibiotics which put me back to square 1 but worse . I carried on taking the 10mg after a week of being told to take 20mg . It took me a good 10 weeks for morning anxiety and sickness to die down . i have taken an anti sickness this morning dont really like taking different meds but i think it has helped a bit .

• Posted

It does sound like you're having some of the pre menopause symptoms and I was told from my Mother, and my Aunts that they can be just awful! And anyone who is already had depression or anxiety it feels even worse for. I think I'm in the beginning of those as well unfortunately. I also do not want to be taking any more meds then I have too, it took me months to even start taking the Citalopram but I feel like if it is going to help me feel better and back to normal I might just give it a try. My Aunt told me that when she started on HRT she felt like a new person, and even though I hate taking meds I'm realizing that I am going to just have to take them sometimes to feel better, if the things we are going through are worse then any side effects of the medicine might as well right?

Anyway, I hope that you work through this soon, and start feeling better 😃

• Posted

HI Michelle,

I'm sorry you are going through this blip. My

prayers are with you. I'm still here. I've had a couple of small blips myself. With hot flashes. I sometimes think men do get menopause.

Hopefully your doing better today.

Keep me posted of how you ate doing.

Will

• Posted

Hi Will

Happy new year to you . Sorry to hear you have had a few blips so annoying isnt it . I really dont know what else to do i go swimming and keep fit classes positive thinking etc. I also take the dogs on daily walks and i still get blips . Saying that i am feeling better the last few days .Nice to hear from you again

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.