guliann barrre syndrome

Posted , 5 users are following.

Anyone out there ever think they had this disease .... Pls help xx

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Rachel,this is said with the greatest affection, you really need to for your own sake stop googling for ailments which you think suit how you feel. All sufferers of health anxiety do it,its part of it,but you'll never find the reassurance your looking for online, you really need to being these things up and your desire for reassurance with your therapist,otherwise its going to be a never ending round of symptom checking,and as you know that doesn't bring you peace
    • Posted

I know but its so difficult yo do it...my gp said its hard to do it but i will..thanks jmcg
    • Posted

Its incredibly difficult, but every time u feel the urge to check something online,stand up and do something else for a couple of minutes, keep talking about it in therapy,these things can pass
    • Posted

I hope these sensations will pass...ive had them for about two days now and it only feels like theyre getting worse
  • Posted

I'm not sure how you'd find it beneficial to your own health concern over the informative and insightful private messages I took time to send you? I wasted upwards of 2 years researching symptoms and healthcare system which I could had focused my efforts on improving my general health. There are more than 80 illnesses caused by autoimmunity ranging in severity why fixate over GBS when the symptoms for many of them are the same or similiar? I have neuropathic pain in my lower right leg numbness, tingling, burning etc. it's causality based on reading alone could be any number of conditions including entrapment neuropathy, prediabetes, multiple sclerosis, peripheral artery disease all share symptoms

I consulted with a generalist physcian (brief, informal, vague) several minute consultation which after performing a simple vibration test using a tuning folk I was unable to feel so referred for blood assessments exactly what they assessed my blood for or what they've learned or suspect as a result they didn't care to tell me instead opt for low cost option of waitful watching and prescribing B12 vitamins as they described I had a "slight deficiency".. Last time I went down their expecting to follow up (continuity of care) my consultation lasted for just 3 minutes told me to keep taking the vitamins which NHS has a blanket 28 day prescribing policy so I get 28 days worth of vitamins for £8.05 now risen to £8.20 which she recommends I take for 4 months consuming my time ordering repeat prescriptions and paying £40 for which they earn a prescribing fee, pharmacy a dispensing fee, and remainder is contributed back into NHS. I requested a copy of my medical record to find what's been documented if anything as they like to minimize consultations they often just leave notes trivalizing my health concerns enacted delayed response to request and charge £50.. They've me catagroized as anxious since I went down their every two weeks for two years yet felt my dietary & lifestyle habits put me at risk for obesity, diabetes, cardiovascular disease and learning all my gastrointestinal and digestive (Inflammotory conditions) due to gastric irritants causing indigestion, esophagitis, gastritis, constipation could very well cause aan autoimmunity condition but everyone dismiss me as fine and a time waster so might as well just take comfort and believe it could all be an anxiety disorder and the ambulances I see on an every day basis and the monthly outreach leaflets I've recently received from jehovah witnesses could all be anxiety to

• Posted

Not believing symptoms can be anxiety is very common,but it doesn't mean they are not. If we visit a Dr for advice we must believe them,if we dont then we shouldn't see them at all,its really that simple. Focus too much on health,and health will take over everything
  • Posted

I sympathize with you Rachel .... In the 2 months I haven't been feeling good with muscle aches in arms and leg , I have had every muscle disease I can find on the net... It drove me crazy and still does,there are days when I say I am going to trust the doctors and let it in gods hands and that helps for a little but then I'm right back at it! It got the best of me and now am on meds and just a mess, my family is a support but they can only take so much... I just want to feel like me again!!
  • Posted

I haven't heard of it and aint going to google it cos then I will think I have got it! Rachel I think I have everything honestly and have figured now that no one can have as many things as I think are wrong with me in such a short space of time. These thoughts and feelings are so real and I know it hard but you just got to keep telling yourself it is Anxiety. Are you the Rachel that has just had a baby? Because all these thoughts you are having about being ill etc are so common in PostNatal depression. There is a great site that helped me when I had it very bad. I dont think I am allowed to post the link or the site but if you want it let me know and I will message you the info.

x

• Posted

Hey claire yup my son 8 mpnths old...cud u send me the link wud be great yhnk u xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.