Gum and teeth irritation

Posted , 4 users are following.

My mouth, gums and lips have been sore and irritated for about a year now. My gums are not bleeding but have a whitish tinge to them. I have also had a metallic taste in mouth and canker sores one right after the other. The metallic taste is better and I have now gone almost two weeks with out a canker sore. I'm wondering if acid reflux could be causing the problem. I have a little bit of indegestion from time to time but not bad. I have taken Zantac but it doesn't help as a matter of fact I think it makes the heart burn worse. I drink a diet pop each day and that seems to help. All of this started with stress now that my stress has gone down things are better but still have slight burning in mouth and throat and gums, teeth and lips are still slightly irratated but not like they were. Any help ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have something similar but only my tongue - do you have any photos at all? How old are you - are you menopausal at all?
    • Posted

Thanks for responding. Yes I am menopausal I have not had my menstrual cycle the past four months and am having hot flashes and chills constantly. I am 51 years old. This is the third time in the last four years that I have missed periods for a stretch of 4 months but then started back. I don't have any pics. My tongue is not sore.

• Posted

I am the same so this is a menopausal thing. Had all your levels checked?
    • Posted

Yes I just started with a new primary care dr she is very thorough she ran all kinds of tests all of my levels are good. I feel like it is probably a combination of stress and menapause combined. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.