Gum pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi there, 

Recently had bad wisdom tooth pain and now the tooth has stopped hurting but it is still really painful around the gums. Hurts when I eat and open my jaw. Have taken bonjella and washing around the area with hot salty water. Any idea what else I can do to stop/ease the pain? If not when will it go??

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Oh, I know how it feels, recently I had a bad gum pain too because of my wisdom teeth (two in different places of my mouth). I went to the dentist Dublin Sandyford clinic. They have an amazing dentist team (you can find more information and register here http://sandyfordhealthcare.ie/services/dentistry/) . My doctor said if the pain doesn't go away,  try to wash my teeth gently, but be careful and if I see that bleeding starts, don't be scared about cleaning teeth a little more roughly. it helps to avoid bad gum inflammation.

If it really bad, I suggest you go to see a dentist.. maybe you will need an operation..

• Posted

Oh, I know how it feels, recently I had a bad gum pain too because of my wisdom teeth (two in different places of my mouth). I went to the dentist Dublin Sandyford clinic. They have an amazing dentist team (you can find more information and register here http://sandyfordhealthcare.ie/services/dentistry/ . My doctor said if the pain doesn't go away,  try to wash my teeth gently, but be careful and if I see that bleeding starts, don't be scared about cleaning teeth a little more roughly. it helps to avoid bad gum inflammation.

If it really bad, I suggest you go to see a dentist.. maybe you will need an operation..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.