Gums

Posted , 3 users are following.

i have been toothless since October and not without problems. Now I feel like my gums are really swollen. I feel like the bone underneath them ( top) has broken into bits and are rattling against each other. I think I can hear it. I suspect I'm going mad but would appreciate someone who has experienced the same.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Floss very sorry to hear of your suffering sounds miserable. Any chance you can give more information why you have no teeth or are you waiting for dentures or implants. 

See your doc for pain issues it could lead to a serious condition infection or bone loss. 

• Posted

I had all my teeth removed in october because they were rotting at the roots due to dry mouth syndrome from an overprescribed medication. The plan was for a top denture and the lower one to be able to be attached to 2 impl,ants. I still have no teeth. I actually suffered hyperalgesia and other complications. Now I nee one of the implants removed due to lack of supporting bone and another one put in. I am completely over everything. I'm anxious that I will suffer as I did with the first op.I actually cancelled the surgery a couplr of weeks ago, I was a little unwell but I was certainly frightened. I believe I now have post traumatic problems with the dental procedures.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.