Gurgling stomach

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi been on orlistat for 5 days now, but today i have a very gurgling stomach, is this normal plz?? :roll:

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hey,

I've been on Orlistat for about the same time; no gurgling tummy yet but have noticed dry skin, particularly on my hands and feet and wondered if this was associated to the tablets.

C x

• Posted

Hi

I have no dry skin, but found out why i had gurgling tummy to much fat in one meal. wont be doing that again.

• Posted

Hi Everyone,

The dryness in the skin is due to the tablets taking the fat out therefore not allowing the fat soluble vitamins (which help keep moisture in the skin) to absorb properly - you need to use a moisturiser that contains vitamin E.

Gurgling in the tummy is sometimes a sign of IBS - have you tried a low fat Activia yoghurt - which helps me with bloating aswell.

Hope this advise will help.

Take care and good luck with the tablets.

Jane

• Posted

Hi all

Thx for the info i will try the yoghurts and will keep an eye out for dry skin.

Sheila smile

• Posted

Remember the tablets can cause wind etc so the gurgling in your stomach may just be that which isnt a bad side affect. I seem to have that quite a bit!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.