Gut Feeling

Posted , 15 users are following.

I JUST WISH I KNEW WHY I CONSTANTLY FEEL LIKE IM IN THAT FIGHT OR FLIGHT MODE AND HOW TO TURN THE B***H OFF.

DO ANY OF YOU GET THAT FEELING IN YOUR STOMACH? IM TALKING LIKE REALLY STRONG FOR NO REASON, IM NOT EVEN PANICKING ABOUT ANYTHING. I DOZED OFF A LITTLE BIT AFTER BREAKFAST AND JUST THE SOUND OF THE GARBAGE TRUCK ON THE STREET JOLTED ME AND I HAD THAT FEELING IN MY STOMACH STRONG LIKE A COMBINATION OF IF I WAS FALLING OFF A BUILDING, HAD BUTTERFLIES AND NAILS ON A CHALKBOARD ALL AT THE SAME TIME. AM I MAKING SENSE OR DO I SOUND LOONY?

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

like u are constantly going down a roller coaster??? yep!!! i f' in hate it. im constantly on a verge of a major panic attack!!! idk what to do cux i took meds but they dont seem to help with this im jolted awake by the falling feeling but in my head!! its crazy!!!! not only am i feeling unwell all the time but this on top of it!!im there with ya!!!

• Posted

i can relate. I rethink everything I say. I literal feel all joy drain from my body. It has to be the hormones dropping and rising drastically during certain times in my cycle. I am two days before my period so today is bad. But i try to remember this wont be forever, just week or so. this forum helps so much.

love to all

• Posted

yes ladies I am definately with you on everything you have described. Just recovering from a bad cold virus which I rarely get but of course to me I believed I was dying of something serious. I have constant health anxiety which I admit I have always had a tendency towards(I am a psychiatric nurse too). I also had a heart attack when I was 38 and have had diabetes since age 10. The worry that I am doomed is constantly there. The stupid thing is I know about anxiety and am great at helping others when they experience it and yet when I get it I cannot talk my way out of it. I am 53 tomorrow and have been getting hormonal ups and downs for past 9 years. It's a horrible place.

• Posted

yep - like something is constantly clenching my stomach, i get really bad ibs as well - gurgling, wind, loose stools, the only thing that helps me is excercise, taking with friends who can relate and erm a glass of wine occasionally, thankfully it does tend to ease off in the evenings so i look forward to that, and ive noticed i get about 5 days relief a month...it will get better x

• Posted

Fight or flight mode here for over a year. I'm riding it with you. You are not alone.

• Posted

for the past three months 24/7 its horrible and driving me nuts mornings is so bad with it, like you im not panicking over anything.

• Posted

Yes yes yes to all of you and Jaynie you described it perfectly! Like being on a roller coaster and you get that feeling in your stomach except it doesnt go away. I could just be watching tv or sitting at work in front of computer not even panicking about anything at that moment, it drives me frigin crazy it makes me physically sick because i also get this cold sour burning feeling at same time i know cold and burning are opposite but its the only way i can describe the sensation. This is everyday. During that time my senses are heightened terribly and i have a heavy tight pressure in head and nose. Im thinking thats what is causing my nightmares and vivid dreams its got to be happening when i fall asleep. Nightmare was so bad last week i physically felt jolting in my head as i was trying to wake up from it I thought this is it im having a seizure and going to die:( Eye floaters have been really bad, when one symptom lightens up a little bit a different one gets worse ugh. Prayers and hugs to all of you ❤ xoxo

• Posted

I get exactly what you described my head and nose go really cold also xx

• Posted

I feel irritated more than usual.. I was thinking about hormone cream to see if that helps with anything.. IDK this is all so new.. Someone else said this before, now I'm starting to agree with it-- I'm ready to get off this roller coaster, it's not fun anymore.

• Posted

YES! Its like the gas pedal is stuck on even when you are still. I have had this for years due to a stressful job in my twenties, and having kids with special needs in my thirties....now in my forties I feel like I am tense all the time.i go for massages, and reflexology and I feel relaxed for the day.......I take supplements that are geared to relax.......but I find I am never fully calm.I think its from chronic anxiety, I have social and health anxiety and I am an over thinker and an empath where I carry other peoples burdens.I promised myself this is the year I am going to take care of myself.I now only work 3 days a week and have made Fridays my me day where I book a relaxing day for myself. I hope it helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.