Gym Gym Gym

Posted , 4 users are following.

Well ive been these tablets for 2 weeks now :evil: :evil:

So far no weight loss which isnt what I was expecting but also no side effect which im saying is a good thing! :D

I was warned by my GP that he expects to see a weight loss of about 3-4lbs before my next check up (2 weeks time) So I have no idea what they make of this? Im doing what im told, low fat diet.

So now im going to the gym everyday! I like it :o I guess too much because a couple of times a week im going twice a day. I am hoping if I can lose weight in the gym I can come off the pills!! Im sat here looking forward to my next day at the gym, I never thought I would like it so much :D

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

the gym could be the reason you're not loosing weight....

i go to the gym about 3-4 times a week and i always weigh more after being at the gym, my dr reckons that the muscle weight can replace the fat weight. what i tend to do is not go to the gym for 2-3 days before my weigh in, gives time for the muscles to relax a bit and the fluid to drain.

if you're concerned take your food diary and note your exercise too to show your dr.

are you doing just cardio or cardio and weights?

right, i'm off to the gym now!! 8)

• Posted

Im doing just cardio but im sick of being told Im obese by the GP!

Im not! I'll admit ive got a bit of weight on me but I dont look bad with it by any means. I hate that BMI chart!!!!!!

I cant win with these pills :evil: Im not losing any weight because theres very little fat in my diet for them to work but my GP still wants me on them so if I go to the gym & put on muscle weight im hoping my size will go down & maybe my GP will realise Im trying!

I really feel like im losing the battle! Just because im on these pills doesnt mean im going to lose weight!

• Posted

Hi Ashe,

Well done on the gym, twice in a day is very dedicated

i've encouraged my doctor to take measurements on my arms, legs and waist as i've noticed considerable losses even when the weight hasnt budged.

totally agree on muscle density, i'm exercises about 3-4 times a week, i lay off towards the weekend and thats when i notice the weight loss.

carley

• Posted

I knew going to the gym would annoy my GP & it did!

Im sick of this! He has advised me to stop going because im putting on too much muscle weight. they way he talks anyone would think I was the incredible hulk lol

I just cant win but im not giving up no mater what he says because I feel fantastic & even though my weight isnt going down I am noticing the loss round my back & hips & Fingers crossed soon my belly.

I hate the thought that I was put on these pills to just sit on my backside & lose weight through food!

• Posted

how about swimming? thats meant to be a good burner with less of the muscle.

it is odd cuz my dr is more than happy for me to be at the gym/workout sessions 3-4 times a week even tho theres been months where i've only lost 1/2kg, could you see a different dr at your practice?

• Posted

This is my second doctor & it took me months to find this one. I think theres a shortage round here.

If this doctor gives me anymore grief about losing weight but not putting on muscle im going to the CTP & complaining!

Anybody in there right mind even a doctor should know better than to annoy someone who hasnt eaten anything nice (CHOCOLATE!!!!!) in 9 months.

I know im doing everything possible to lose weight & thats the main thing!

• Posted

Never heard of a Dr telling you NOT to exercise! Thats just bad practice in my opinion. Surely muscle gain is better than fat? Dont beat yourself up! Keep going ok? Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.