H pylori

Posted , 2 users are following.

Just wondering if anyone knows why the surgery when I rang for the results want a further stool sample.  It’s got me worried which really doesn’t help matters.  I wish I knew why, she just read what was on the screen from the path lab.  So worried, 

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sue

Why don't you ring and ask to speak directly to you gp and let them know how worried you are, you might get some simple reason

• Posted

Hi Kate,

I did ask the  but that’s all she read out.  I can do without the stress as this won’t help my symptoms.  They request these things like it’s nothing to us and aren’t we odd for worrying.  I have read maybe they spoiled it in the lab or it wasn’t sufficient, well that’s what I’m telling myself, I’m just worried they’ve found micro blood in the sample or something.   I remember a year ago a 

sample I had to give, when a week later I rang for the result it said void, they’d used the wrong container to put the sample in, just trying to remain positive.

• Posted

It's very hard to remain positive especially if you have any symptoms bothering you, like I've had since last month, side and back pain, doctor does not seem concerned but we all know our own bodies best

• Posted

You are kind.  I reckon drs would worry in our shoes.  They are the ones I don’t have must trust in as they have a simple explanation for everything. 
    • Posted

I hate the way they are dismissive even though they know how worried we are, we don't manufacture these pains, all we want is to feel well again

• Posted

I don’t know about you Kate but as we age we end up more at the drs. And even then if they can sniff anxiety or depression or health anxiety they blame everything on that.  The dr I was seen by last week was a locum and he was good in the fact we won’t blame everything on ibs or stress straight away we’ll test for h pylori.  Hope you backs ok
    • Posted

Tks Sue, to be honest I'm worried sick that I have something bad going on, I've suffered acid reflux for past year and half and been on constant ppi, I'm terrified now that they have caused the dreaded c word

• Posted

If I could give you a hug I would.  My sister in law has been on those for a few years, they stopped her indigestion and she’s fine just to reassure you.  
    • Posted

Tks Sue, your very kind, hope we both start to feel better soon, especially with Xmas so close. Thanks for listening, Kate
    • Posted

You too, I’m good at giving advice don’t listen when people do it to me winklet’s try not to google stuff x
    • Posted

That certainly is the best advice, we drive ourselves mad on the Internet,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.