H-Pylori for 2 weeks

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I was diagnosed with H-pylori two weeks ago and my doctor told me to avoid spicy, acidic, fried foods, as well as caffeine and alcohol too. Well I’ve been doing that and finished two of the antibiotics amoxicillin and metronidazole and I’m still currently on the Pantropazole. She told me to continue the diet and to go for a follow up in 3 weeks. I’m still burping and I take probiotics to ease the indigestion. So should I go to the ER and do an endoscopy or wait until my appointment? 

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Please ask your doctor to test your Vitamin B9 (Folate) and Vitamin B12 (Cobamalin) levels as absorption of these will be affected by the h-pylori the antibiotics.and the Pantroprazole.

I am not a medically trained person but have had "tummy troubles" since gastric surgery at the age of seventeen and I'm now coming up to 77

• Posted

Thank you so much I will ask my doctor to test me for that and also do a breathing test too. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.