Had a bad day

Posted , 9 users are following.

i have had a bad day today, I am fed up waking up  nauseous every morning, also have had headache most of the day, not sleeping well either. Anyone any suggestions to help naturally.

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

Ohhh dear the word nauseous rekindles my past.  I had vertigo (menopause symptom) for 6 months everyday I was throwing up feeling nauseous everyday all day long.  It's the worst feeling in the world dear. The doctor in the hospital emergency prescribed tongue tabs that dissolved on my tongue and solved my nauseous/throwing up.  You can get Gravol over the counter that's used for travellers going on a cruise/sea sickness.  I hope you get better soon. xxoo
    • Posted

i have an anti nausea tablet that helps and it usually passes, just dread it each morning.
  • Posted

Hi Ruth, I have the nausea too. I have tried travel bands and I think they have worked.....just not as sick and comes less often.  I also take travel sickness tablets and they work too. The not sleeping again I get and have not found an answer myself.....I do get up and read or something and sometimes it works and sometimes not.  Hope u feel better soon.XXX
    • Posted

Oh right!  Those bands do work!  Or, if I don't have them, I have put a rubber band around my wrist with a bottle cap under it... or I have squeezed that pressure point on one wrist with my other hand and it worked.
  • Posted

Hi ruth sorry to hear u having such a bad day . I suffered badly with headachez but since talkin milk thistle have not had any x hope u feel better soon x
  • Posted

Oh you poor dear, are you sure you are not preggers? it is possible, well possible if you have been upto hanky panky.eek 
  • Posted

Hi Ruth i was waking up feeling the same too, bloated stomach and retching too, i was put one onepramzole ? spelt this wrong i think, i didnt want to take them so i bought some dida tablets as mentioned in yours magazine, helped a lot and i take one probiotic a day too, dont feel sick anymore.

Sue

• Posted

Hi Ruth

I have nights where I don't sleep to well and where my stomach is at it When my stomach is at it I eat a bland diet like Rice and toast

• Posted

Hi Ruth... so sorry... you came to the right place.  I had nausea in the beginning too.  Ginger really helps with that.  If you get ginger root from the store, peel it like a potato (it looks like a tree branch) and boil some slices in water, you drink it like a tea - works wonders!  Headache, Advil + caffeine (if you can tolerate caffeine)... sleep, Magnesium.  Search the site for more info... there are a lot of great posts on here with more information than just this.  I hope you have a better day tomorrow!  xo Kim
  • Posted

Morning Ruth, try peppermint tea, take some me time, just to read or power nap. Peppermint capsules may help too, hope you feel more positive soon, sucks to be menopausal xxx
  • Posted

Yep Ruth, me too.  Me and my big gob were singing the praises of feeling great, especially my mood and joint pain since using Menopace Original and some bioientical Progresterone Cream.

But then I got yet another, bang-on-time Period! Only good think was right up to starting I was in a really good mood, joints felt great.  But no sooner it kicked in, it got really heavy and uncomfortable.

I'd also introduced some Magnesium to help with my constipation (hate it, gives me the right hump), which in essence was helping. But I've concluded that using the Magnesium whilst having a heavy P was giving me bad gut-ache/cramps.  I wasn't constipated for long tho'!!

After feeling 'gutty' for 4 of the 8 day Period, I decided to stop taking the Magnesium today.  Feel 1 million times better today!  Whether thats solely because i stopped with the Mg'm OR that my P was coming to an end, I can't say, but I'm just glad the gut-ache/excessive wind(!)/back ache has gone.  Think my family are toolol!

Didn't like that nauseous feeling at all, as its not something I get that often.  My guts are normally like cast iron: hence the constipation! 

I think my only advice is to drink plenty of water, keep off the booze, eat little and often and keep to plain foods to ease your stomach.  Good excuse to such a Barley Sugar. I've heard that ginger is good for queeziness, but I can't stand the stuff myself.

Reading this:  anyone would have thought you were asking for advice on how to deal with Morning Sickness!  (Don't suppose its much different really, as I'm sure our hormones played a bit of a role then too.)

Hang in There, Kid

Sx

• Posted

Note to Self:  read through and spell check next time!redface
    • Posted

It does sound like morning sickness ( don't know though as never been pregnant) it usually wears off after a while. Feel kinda light headed most of the day, oh and to top it all had backache today! I wish I was a bloke!😊
    • Posted

Ah, but as my ol' man often reminds me 'You try shaving every day!'!!  I know he's on a wind-up cos' he struggles to shave once a weeklol

Hate all this rubbish but don't think I'd have been a bloke.......imagine not having the ability to multi-task??!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.