Had a bad few days.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had cystitis for 4 days and been trying to get a doctor to do a home visit. I also have a newly healing broken ankle.....so I really cannot go anywhere ( I live in a second floor flat) I rang 111 and they told me I needed to see a doctor within 6 hours, gave me a local surgery and told me to mention they have a duty of care, even though I am not registered with them. They refused, so did another 4 surgeries. I am so annoyed with our caring profession. I just need antibiotics....I am sick of cranberry juice and the pharmacy sachets did not work. Any suggestions as to what to do next? Sorry for the rant, I just am feeling sorry for myself - I have had to cancel a holiday for this weekend.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Why can't you go to the doctor ? Have you crutches ?
    • Posted

Are you a man jim? Cystitis is not the sort of infection that lends itself it leaving your loo!!!! I hope to see a doctor this afternoon. Yes I have crutches but loads of stairs to get me to the Medical Centre...fingers crossed!
  • Posted

Hello and sorry to read you having such a bad time.

First thing I would do if I were you: is relax, do not stress out. Avoid using your affected areas as much as you can. Try to look for some help within your family or friends (to assist you around). And you need to make sure a doctor does see you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.