Had a cbt session today. . told them about harming myself. don't know what the next step will be

Posted , 3 users are following.

I posted earlier in wk as I SH myself on 2 separate occasions. I feel disgusted with myself but the urge is still there. My mood had been so low . Yet I had an increase in meds last wk so I'm confused. I have gp tomorrow and I know I need to tell him but I'm so scared. Today was easier as was on the phone but face to face is very different

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sarah

You have already been very brave acknowledging you need some help. The increase in your meds may take a little longer to kick in. My son when he was younger SH and on finding out I felt dreadful that I hadn't spotted the marks and had not been there for him when he was despairing. Thankfully he is now better as you will be with the right help. When you see your gp you should tell him everything and don't worry about embarrassment. He is the doctor and would of seen many patients in your situation. Stay strong and I assure you with the right help you will get through this.

Wishing you a better tomorrow

God bless

Lorraine

• Posted

HI SARAH...please see your GP as soon as you can he really may be able to help you, you deserve !! To feel happy and well....

Lorraine.. my goodness, we had exactly the same with our daughter...her brother had been sectioned into a MENTAL HEALTH clinic..for four months...we were so wrapped up with our son, we never noticed..she has severe scarring now. And we carry terrible, terrible guilt..

so Sarah my love, please ask for help OVER AND OVER AGAIN, YOU REALLY CAN OVERCOME IT my lOVELY....I WISH YOU GREAT AND HAPPINESS. YOUNG LADY, big hugs to you lovely...Deirdre xxx

• Posted

I told gp. He asked how I felt when I had done it. I said disgusted with myself . He asked if needed any stitches or anything which I didn't. And to go bk in 2 weeks x
    • Posted

Hi Sarah

Well done to you for speaking to the gp. Is the doctor referring to a service that may help you? 2 weeks can seem a long time when your feeling low. Please call the NHS 111 if you feel your going to SH over this period as they may be able to support you and hopefully deter you from hurting yourself.

If you don't want to do that then please reach out to us here.

Thinking of you and sending you hugs and positive thoughts.

God bless

Lorraine xxxxx

• Posted

No he never mentioned a referral at all. So I dunno. 2 weeks does seem forever away and lots to deal with in between. Thank you. Will do x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.